New to MFP DC Metro Area looking for motivation pals

Good morning all.

I just joined MFP this morning. I'm male 362 lbs. looking to go down to 225. I recently became a father for the first time and want to be a better role model and more active father to my daughter. I did start south beach diet 1 month ago but have only lost 11lbs. I'm hoping to meet some people on MFP to help motivate each other and get things going in the right direction. I have an early goal to be at 330 lbs. by this time August for my daughters Christening and under 300lbs by the end of the year and 275 by this time next year. If I can be between 250-225 by next summer that would be Great!

My challenges have always been my appetite for food especially carbs , Chips, bread & pasta, and I have a major sweet tooth. I tend to be very lazy :( and find myself unmotivated to exercise. I ordered my FitBit device and hope to use this as some motivation to start walking and take it from there. I have a bad back and need to limit my exercise at least in the beginning until I can strengthen my core.

I need to find motivation to do more and eat less from 3 PM - 8 PM that tends to be my downfall. I am pretty solid during the day but mid-afternoon early evening is when I struggle to eat right and be active. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

I look forward to meeting new pals and hopefully we can keep each other on track.

Replies

• Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Welcome! I'm somewhat in the DC Metro area...about 50 miles south though. This is a really great site, and the people here are awesome!
  • smex182
    smex182 Posts: 3
    Thanks Natty. I have heard a lot of great things about this site that is what drew me to join. I'll send you a friend request.

I look forward to meeting more of you out there as well.
  • karie36
    karie36 Posts: 6 Member
    I am in the same boat. I am in Baltimore kinda close.
  • smex182
    smex182 Posts: 3
    Thanks Karie. Looking forward to doing this together with you.