help lost my will power!

Options
i cant stop eating rubbish and have four weeks to loose a few pounds dont apear to have will power!

Replies

• lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Its always in the the last place you look, now where did you have it last? lol
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Are you logging it all? Logging alone is enough to set me straight! I'm not a fan of putting a time limit on weight loss. It must be a lifestyle change in order for it to work. Log everything, everyday! And find exercise you like so that it isn't a chore!
  • mescalante77
    Options
    Keep your mind busy thinking on other things instead of eating :)
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The only advice I have to give is to take it one day at a time - or even smaller than that - one meal at a time. If you are having a craving that you simply can't get rid of allow yourself a small amount and put the rest away. Out of sight out of mind. Another thing is be prepared to work off the calories if you choose to have something that isn't good for you. I hope this helps. Good Luck!!
  • jessann1
    jessann1 Posts: 4
    Options
    probably in my daughters easter eggs!! x
  • batdad2k12
    batdad2k12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You can do it! I am the worst at sticking to a diet, but I have been logging into this website since Feb. 6! Put the junk food away in a cabinet or closet out of sight and just have the good snacks, like celery, pickles, carrot sticks, and drink lots and lots of water.
    Hiding the junk food will be out of sight, out of mind.
    Go for a walk and listen to a IPod to get your mind off of eating.
    Yard work is another good idea.
    If you are religious and live near your church, go to church and just sit and pray for a bit, reflecting on your life and how you are trying to improve it by being healthier and trying to live longer.
    You can do it! Your friends and family have probably noticed a difference in you, and ask them for sincere encouragement as well.
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can't ride on will power alone because it is a exhaustible resource. And also think on longer terms than 4 weeks. You probably didn't put the weight on on 4 weeks and unless you have a few extra pounds setting a deadline will kinda set you up for failure. Better commit to sticking to your plan, sooner or later you WILL SEE results.
    I know it's not the magical spark that you might have been expecting but if you are ready to stop yo-yoing then think long term. And don't push too hard as too need will power to do it. :)
  • jessann1
    jessann1 Posts: 4
    Options
    i do log it i just now cant get past this stone im doing more excercise as well! i dont want to loose loads with the small time scale i have given myself im going to a wedding and dont want to wear my sucky in knickers!!!! x
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    do more exercise then it will cover your eating!!! that's what I do x crunchie = 20 mins of Jillian 30DS!!!!!
  • yankeeinthesouth
    Options
    I understand that feeling. Once again I am up and down with the weight. ( on the up climb at the moment) But I am learning the signs of the "unwanted" munchie moments. Such as: when I get stressed, I don't think I can handle something or dealing with difficult situations. I have also learned what happens to my energy level, emotional stamina, and overall self-esteem and that is not a place a want to stay at. So with lots of prayer and a very supportive husband, I don't add time limits to my weight loss. I measure my healthy by how I handle live. Sometimes you need to eat a little of the sweet, the salty or fruity but press on. Healthy is the key not perfection.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    C'mon.....you can do this. It appears that you have an important day ahead of you that you are working towards....look at that as your prize. :happy: