Hello from Canada

Options
Hello everyone. I'm new to MFP and I am looking to really change my daily eating habits and feed my body the clean foods and nutrients it needs to be strong and healthy. I've always been quite active (I currently workout 5x/week) and I can't really say I've struggled with my weight or body until very recently. My main struggle has always been food; I will be the first to admit I binge eat and have very poor self control when it comes to food (healthy and non-healthy). It seems like I turned 25 and all of a sudden my body decided that it could no longer support my poor eating habits and in the last 6 months I have gained weight (7lbs), body fat (7%) and inches all over. I know there are a lot of folks on MFP who are looking to lose a lot of weight and their journeys are all quite inspirational, but I'd like to get to know some people who are perhaps in the same boat I am in -- only needing to lose 10lbs and really just tone up and start eating healthy. The more support and advice I can get the better, so please add me if you're story and mine are similar. Thanks!

Replies

• kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I don't have alot in common with you other than I know food, how to prepare, what is good, what is not. I have my trade papers so having been cooking professionally since I was 18. I'm 51 now, so that's a few years. Anyway feel free to add if you wish. Good luck with your goal. :D I'm sure you will love MFP!
  • newmari12
    newmari12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Kokaneesailor, thanks so much! I could use advice from someone who knows how to cook good, healthy food! I'll be sure to add you! I have a tendency to eat out a lot because of work and what not and I'd really like to get back to cooking meals at home and I'm going to need all the healthy recipe ideas I can get :)
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Kokaneesailor, thanks so much! I could use advice from someone who knows how to cook good, healthy food! I'll be sure to add you! I have a tendency to eat out a lot because of work and what not and I'd really like to get back to cooking meals at home and I'm going to need all the healthy recipe ideas I can get :)

Better bodies are built in the kitchen and the gym. Eating out can be a challenge. Being prepared is the best defense. I prefill my diary before going out to eat. I just visit the restaurants websites and select items that fit into my nutrition and calorie goals. I believe you can do it on a I phone and blackberry as well.

Cooking is a major life skill that pays back incredible dividends. You know what your eating, You can heal your body. Save money. etc.:smile:
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hello fellow Canuck and welcome to MFP! I'm all for eating healthy and keeping active. Feel free to add:)

There's a group for us Canadians eh: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/275-canadian-eh
  • jdeking1
    jdeking1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me!
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP...Canada here as well..NS to be exact...good luck on your journey, you've come to the right place :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm in Ontario....feel free to add me :)
  • mrswpg
    mrswpg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me I'm new to mfp also.... from Manitoba!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am from Ontario!! I totally get food struggles!!
  • newmari12
    newmari12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling the love from my fellow Canadians.