Finally that day came

Options
k7n2w3
k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
So i have been on maintenance for over 7 months and it was THAT TIME to put away all those clothes that don't fit! Yay!! It was so rewarding, granted I had removed most of the stuff from the closet but it's been sitting in a box not tupperware. I gathered it and as I was doing it I couldnt believe what I had done to myself and my health gaining the weight and how I fit into some of the clothing. I'm only 5 foot tall and was a 14+ and now I'm an 0-2. I know a size 14 is normal size but when I'm not a normal height, I'm 5 foot tall and was 155.1 which is considered "obese" per BMI. It was not a healthy weight for me and I had started developing health problems (I add that so hopefully I'm not offending anyone as that is NOT my intention at all I'm just sharing a rewarding experience). I am donating a lot of them but keeping some that would fit if I were to have kids in few years like black sweaters/black suit, etc. One reason I am NOT keeping them is to fit in them again!
I never thought I'd be back to my high school size and running half marathons and most importantly just feel as healthy as i do... then again I never thought that I would have gained almost 50 pounds in less than a 4 year span and develop health issues like worse asthma than I had, achy muscles/bones, acid reflux, and a few other health problems. Partly caused by epstein barr virus but MOSTLY caused by my lack of knowledge of eating properly and excess weight as the result. Diabetes runs in my family so I hope to dodge that bullet. I hope you all can experience what getting rid of those old clothes are and KNOW that you CAN DO IT!! moderation is key... if you count calories then you are limiting quantity, if you count carbs then you are limiting carbs, etc, it's all about moderation and choosing the battle you want to take on. I wish you all well :-)

Replies

• lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    you are awesome!

congrats!
  • djean2
    djean2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Keep on maintaining! That's the part I failed to do. You look great and I know you feel great. Nothing taste as good as being healthy feels.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    hehe thanks guys and I like that saying! I'm going to start using it! I stole the saying "when one egg falls on the floor, you don't throw the other 11 on the floor too" and I think that's def another one to live by!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!