Weight Loss Surgery and Calories

Options
I had a gastric sleeve done a year and a half ago and still want to loose 20lbs. My surgion told me that my calorie intake should stay around 800-1000 calories a day with most of those comming from protien and very few carbs. My problem is this sight is saying I only need 45 protien and over 100 carbs and 1200+ calories. Is anyone else facing similiar problems? I cant seem to eat enough calories unless I choose really unhealthy foods which is not good either. Any suggestions?

Replies

• huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    you can go in and change the protein/fat/carb ratio to what ever you want. By default it is giving you 55% carbs. This would not be correct for you. Go in through settings and there is a place you can change this to be a much higher protein setting then your diary goals will meet your needs.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I had a gastric sleeve done a year and a half ago and still want to loose 20lbs. My surgion told me that my calorie intake should stay around 800-1000 calories a day with most of those comming from protien and very few carbs. My problem is this sight is saying I only need 45 protien and over 100 carbs and 1200+ calories. Is anyone else facing similiar problems? I cant seem to eat enough calories unless I choose really unhealthy foods which is not good either. Any suggestions?

Goals - change goals - custom

will let you change your calories and macros.
  • marla_jones
    marla_jones Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had the VSG done 14 months ago and I am too in my last 20lbs. Since I joined MFP I have lost 9lbs and I am consuming 1400 cals and I am eating back 2/3 of my exercise calories. It works! I started MFP with the standard 1200 cal but I found I was feeling weak and dizzy so I upped the calories and everything seems to be working fine.
    To each their own. You have to see what works for you and adjust as you go along.
    Good luck with your last 20lbs!