What is your happiest childhood memory?

Options
briteyes1002
briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
Whats yours?
One of mine has to be when my parents took me to the pet store and we walked out with a puppy. We had no idea that we would be getting a dog.. but fell in love with a little Sheltie... and walked out with him.. we named him Shae.. and he was my best friend for 17 years...

Whats yours?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Shae

I've always loved that name.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Mine was going to my Aunts Rebecca and Uncle Henrys house in Whitemarsh Md. Hangin out withthe cousins and brothers and sisters and then the crab feasts we had in the yard Cooing them over an open pit and laying them all out on the picnic table to crack and eat . As kids we didnt eat much but we sure had a great time playing with them :laugh:
  • phillieschic
    Options
    LOL...it's not rainbows and butterflies for me, but here's mine:

For my 12th birthday, my mom asked me what I wanted for my gift. I asked for her to get a divorce from my father. It took a few months, but wish granted. It sounds sad and pathetic, but it truly is the greatest childhood memory I have. My mom and I laughed for years about that! She knew it was going to happen for her eventually, but when your 12 year old asks for it because she knows it's that bad, well, I guess I lit a fire under her *kitten*!

We celebrated that victory until the day she died!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Lets see mine is kind of corny, but I can remember way back when me and my dad would wake up early, he would fix me a bowl of cereal and we would watch wrestling on the weekends, I must have been 6 not sure why I remember this but I do , my parents got a divorce when I was 7 and I am now (AHEM covers mouth 30) so yea it was just a me and dad thing and it was awesome, and now he does the same with my girls well not wrestling but sunday morning cartoons any way,
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Turning 18 so I could get the hell out of there.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Mine was going to my Aunts Rebecca and Uncle Henrys house in Whitemarsh Md. Hangin out withthe cousins and brothers and sisters and then the crab feasts we had in the yard Cooing them over an open pit and laying them all out on the picnic table to crack and eat . As kids we didnt eat much but we sure had a great time playing with them :laugh:

Are you from Maryland.. White Marsh is about 5 minutes from me..lol
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have two =)
    Being adopted and going to see the lion king with my dad and having to be carried out of the theather because i lost my *kitten* and started crying hysterically! MUFASA!!! it makes me smile to remember that =)
  • kkrobins
    kkrobins Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Having movie night with all of my family there. We are all so divided now! ;-(
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the rain, waiting for the bus singing "You are my sunshine" with my Mom!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Christmas lights. I remember staring at the beautiful colors.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can pick just one... probably when I was 7-9 we lived on a lake (which had an island in the middle! it was pretty sweet) all of the neighborhood kids (ages ranging from 4-16) would play out in the woods literally all day long. We made forts and even dug underground tunnels(;
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Seeing Sampras vs Federer wimbledon 2000 when I was about 7.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Going to the river with my parents were always the best memories.

One of the best though was when I was roughly 7ish and my dad and his friends (few of them lived with us, rest were visiting that day) but for some unknown odd reason broke out into a full blown water gun fight. From the outside of the house all throughout the inside-adults and kids were running around shooting each other. Can remember my dad hiding under the table, and people sliding through the kitchen because the floor was so wet. It was so much fun (as a kid we sure weren't allowed to do that!!) Afterwards the house was soaked but no one seemed to care because everyone had so much fun.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Simple things like smelling the lilacs, swinging from the willow tree, picking cherries.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Playing football with my father. On my wedding day, I plan on throwing a few with him again :)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options

Are you from Maryland.. White Marsh is about 5 minutes from me..lol

I used to live there I am now in Pa I lived in Baltimore
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My Dad worked night shift, I remember the mouse :)
    when I was about 5 yrs old I discovered a pair of tiny shoes and a rain coat
    on the sofa table where my Dad always sat, He told me they belonged to Mr Mouse
    and i had just missed him.... We had many stories and adventures over the years
    and I always just missed Mr Mouse, I lost my father one year ago last month and for the
    first time in at least 30 years I saw Mr Mouse (or at least his shoes and rain coat ) tucked in his Bible
    where I know he saw them and thought of me everyday :(
    They now rest in a little gold shadow box that i wear on a chain everyday.