Trying Again, seems when big changes come I get bigger!

Options
Hello! I'm Steph, I use to be here, when I lost close to 40lbs just last year. I've gained all but 10lbs back, b/c I let the major lifes changes & stresses get the better of me. I haven't completely given up, but I'm definitely not trying. I'm here to get my "mojo" back and get back on track to the healthy lifestyle I once loved & lived everyday! My husband too, now that the military has released him and he's back home wants us to get sexy together (our new mission). Support was a huge factor for me, and if you're the same, feel free to swing my way--we can help each other!

Replies

• karlikurth
    Options
    I know what you mean. I changed jobs this year (September) and the stress and hours were more than I bargained for. I too defaulted to mindless eating to cope. Like you, I've done it successfully before. Just need to get back on track. I have two wagers going ... one with my husband and one with a co-worker, lasting until the end of the school year. I figure having support both on here and in two areas of my real life will be most beneficial to me.

Thanks for sharing your story!
    Karli
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Welcome back honey, If I had a pound for every one I have gained and lost and gained and lost I would a millionaire. Your back and your ready for it thats the main thing. I wish i'd have found this site sooner. Its been brilliant motivation for me. Ive lost 58lbs in 6.5months.I really dont want to stop reaching my goal this time and this place has been brilliant.

Your home sweet home. I will add you x
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    good luck...having your dh doing this with you will be fantastic, you can keep each other motivated and accountable :)
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Glad to see your getting back to getting healthy, life does tend to get in the way sometimes, i know ive struggled with a lot of stuff over the last few years, but u got to move past that now. No need to worry that u fell back into bad habits, the important thing is your back at it, and looking to get healthy. Im also happy your husband is making this commitment with u, that will make things a lot easier.feel free to add me, im always up for providing motivation.
  • tigga39
    tigga39 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat and have put just a little more than a stone back on since Christmas. I was on track till Feb this year and then my daughter was rushed to hospital with type 1 diabetes.... Since then I have been so intensely concentrTing on her that I've had no time to exercise until recently. And as we all know that's the key to shifting the weight!
    Luckily we're coping well now and while my daughters weight is coming back on mine will start to come off!!!
    Keep on with it everyone. I lost over three stone last year just by using this site and logging on every day. I will work if we want it to.
    Let's do it girls.... X
  • sexy2gether2012
    sexy2gether2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely words, and sharing your stories! One things for certain, we're never alone in this world! We're only alone if we choose to be. I'm definitnely getting more excited the more stories I hear, accomplishments I see, and friends I make! I'm sure the "mojo" is going to hit me very soon & I'll be compltetly on a roll =)
  • JondaC
    JondaC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I tend to self destruct. I'll be doing good and lose weight, and feel so good about myself, then BAM, something ig happens and I fall off the wagon, so to speak, gain all the weight back and it taked me forever to get motivated again. I've got a lot to lose and hopefully this time will be the las ttime. Feel free to add me if you like.