Do (cheap) Plus-Size Hiking Pants Exist?!

Options
Seriously! There's NOTHING more miserable than hiking in jeans... Especially now that it's getting hot.

All I want is some light khaki-type pants (easy to dry, comfy), with cargo pockets to hold my camera equipment. I'd prefer the kind that have a little fastener to roll them up, and make them capri-like.

They don't even need to be a fancy, outdoorsy brand... In fact, I'd prefer them to be cheap, since I'm size 18ish right now, but shrinking...

I've been looking for WEEKS, and can't seem to find anything!!!

Replies

• tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oops... Didn't mean to post this in "Food and Nutrition..."
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Have you tried Amazon? Or Ross?
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Here is the top sites for women's hiking pants in plus sizes. Hope it helps.

http://walking.about.com/od/clothing/tp/tppants.htm
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I've bought the VAST majority of my work out wear at thrift stores over the past few months. I don't have the $$$ to keep replacing my wardrobe, and the more I work out the more I realize I need a LOT of work out stuff. You'd be surprised what you can find for cheap. :)
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I got an adjustable hiking skirt (with the elastic that pulls the sides up) at a yard sale. Check consignment stores and Goodwill.
  • key1238
    key1238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try thrift stores. Try Eddie Bauer Outlet if you want something inexpensive that will hold up if on sale you can get them for around 20 bucks. Honestly thrift stores have saved my wardrobe the last 25 pounds due to the fact that the more weight you lose the quicker you end up moving to the next sixe down. Most everything in my closet is from the thrift store! Plus you can look at a wide variety of brands at the thrift store where department stores and specialty stores may only have a few to choose from.
  • NotParis
    NotParis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you looked in the medical scrub section. I have a pair of scrub pants that roll up to capris and have tons of pockets with zippers in them. they are lightweight, dry easily and quickly, and very comfortable. I think they were no more that 20-25 dollars regular price. (I got them on clearance).
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    they have some at Columbia.com the cheapest is $42
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of hiking and for me, the most comfortable pants are moisture wicking yoga-type pants. They are stretchy, they don't chafe and dry quickly if you get wet or sweat a lot.
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a line of fitness clothes (I forget the name at the moment but it's right under Activeware) for both regular size and plus size. It really molds to your skin but not in a bad way plus it breathes really nice. I have one of the jackets and I love it, never rides up and is super comfortable.
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! Good ideas, all the way around!
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Compression Ware! That's the name of the brand from Old Navy. Don't go by the reviews. I'd order a size up in pants but they are really fantastic workout clothes.