Fav Andriod Running Apps?

Options
What is your favorite android running app? I currently use imapmyrun and I like it, but I wanted to see what everyone else uses (besides the spendy HRM add-ons).

imapmyrun uses GPS and tracks your route, distance, pace, speed and calories (which is far from accurate according to my HRM). I'm not entirely sure how accurate iMMR is with pace, speed and distance.. although I don't think it's too far off if I had to guesstimate my distance/pace.

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    When I did alot of running/biking with my phone, I used RunKeeper. I liked it
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I downloaded a dozen and just deleted them.
    MapMyRun and some others I didnt like because I had to sign up to save my runs.
    Endomondo I didnt like as much as others.

I'm going to try Sports Tracker.

So far my favorite is Cardio Tracker.

I am still looking for one with accurate current pace. I really need help controlling my tempo.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My HRM really helps me control my tempo. I just downloaded RunKeeper and am going to check it out tonight to compare it to iMMR.
  • Kimberleycommonname
    Kimberleycommonname Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use rundouble. I downloaded it originally as a c25k app but I now use it for the zero to 10k program. It also has a "fun run" program, as well as marathon training.
    The only problem I have with it is that the GPS takes a while to lock in, but otherwise it's great. It gives me a complete breakdown of overall pace, overall distance, as well as fastest and longest intervals (since I'm using the interval training on it).
  • stargazer424
    Options
    I don't run, but I do walk and bike. I have been using CardioTrainer. You can select what time of exercise you are doing (Walking, running, biking, calisthenics). The list is huge and it works as a pedometer if you are doing an indoor activity like treadmill walking...

And I find the GPS to be pretty accurate even when sitting in my pocket. It shows you a map, distance traveled, calories (always a little higher than MFP's estimate), time, avg/max/min speed, and a graph of your speed throughout.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I just use a watch, cause I hate carrying my phone with me. I've also found all the apps to be really bad and inaccurate.

The only one I use when I'm biking is My Tracks. I've found it to be most accurate, and I can export a GPX file out to Sport Tracks (which I use for tracking)