INSANITY!

Options
Hi, all! I'm pretty new to myfitnesspal and its forum.

I'm Ginelle:) mother, wife, nursing student-all in one..

I'm starting INSANITY today!

Anyone else starting today? Any pointers?

Feel free to msg me, friend me...I need motivation and think it'll be fun to track progress with someone..

-ginelle

Replies

• Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    HI Ginelle!
    I started it last night, did the fitness test! I'll send a friend request your way!
    Mel
  • Jameslemond
    Jameslemond Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!
    P90x is hard enough for me :-)
    you will definately see results by using it.
  • joec63
    joec63 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Started month 2 this morning. Max Interval circuit....60 mins ...Insane!
  • Wattobin308
    Options
    Hi I just started insanity and I can't wait to see what the results are after a couple of weeks.:smile:
  • kd80538
    kd80538 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just started it as well. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty getting it in every day with my current fitness schedule (both physically and time wise) as well as my work and family schedule. It's crazy, but I'm liking it, and looking forward to the results! Would love to hear your thoughts on it as well!
  • thirdred
    thirdred Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in week three. This program will really test you. You just have to push through. Looking forward to getting through this and doing a hybrid with P90X :smile:
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT DH just called me and told me that SIL is doing Insanity and offered to buy me the DVDs YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    i`m starting on Monday :)
  • sweetfacephoto
    sweetfacephoto Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am in week three. This program will really test you. You just have to push through. Looking forward to getting through this and doing a hybrid with P90X :smile:

I just started week two, and I am also already looking forward to a P90X/Insanity hybrid.
    But yeah - Shaun's motto "DIG DEEPER" is emblazoned in my brain and on mental repeat during every workout. It has to be, otherwise, I wouldn't finish a dvd. lol There is definitely a reason it's called Insanity. :)
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm in Month 2 Week 3 and it's INSANE!! Best workout ever!! Just push thru the workouts and u will see the results. Shaun T is such a great motivator!!! Good luck!!!
  • LilSomethin
    Options

I just started week two, and I am also already looking forward to a P90X/Insanity hybrid.
    But yeah - Shaun's motto "DIG DEEPER" is emblazoned in my brain and on mental repeat during every workout. It has to be, otherwise, I wouldn't finish a dvd. lol There is definitely a reason it's called Insanity. :)

I'm doing P90X next and can't wait to do the Hybrid too :) I'm currently in Month 2 Week 3 of Insanity :D
  • rubik9
    rubik9 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am really new to this.. just joined today.. but this app seems pretty out of touch with reality.

at 235 lbs, with 60 mins of activity daily (p90x) or insanity ( sometimes I do the Insanity cardio workouts in place of Kenpo X)...

first of all... this "pal" is recommending only 1400 calories per day.. aiming for 2lbs/ week. To me that sounds a little (or a lot) low. Other programs I have seen recommend a lot more than that.

Secondly... when entering the exercise... there is no way I am entering in each exercise in the video... Today I did the Cardio Power video.. this program should have that information in it. P90x and Insanity are two of the biggest names in fitness programs. This "app" should know how many calories are included.

I don't know.. what I have seen so far I am not impressed with....

If anyone can provide some perspective that would be great.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 today! The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm only burning between 350-400 calories per session. And I've seen most people on the forum burn closer to 600-700. Anyone else only burrn about 400?
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I tried doing insanity, I can't stick to a routine workout, i just do dif dvd's from dif programs.
    my question is this, what do u guys log insanity under?
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I am really new to this.. just joined today.. but this app seems pretty out of touch with reality.

at 235 lbs, with 60 mins of activity daily (p90x) or insanity ( sometimes I do the Insanity cardio workouts in place of Kenpo X)...

first of all... this "pal" is recommending only 1400 calories per day.. aiming for 2lbs/ week. To me that sounds a little (or a lot) low. Other programs I have seen recommend a lot more than that.

Secondly... when entering the exercise... there is no way I am entering in each exercise in the video... Today I did the Cardio Power video.. this program should have that information in it. P90x and Insanity are two of the biggest names in fitness programs. This "app" should know how many calories are included.

I don't know.. what I have seen so far I am not impressed with....

If anyone can provide some perspective that would be great.

calorie burn is different for everyone - based on your fitness level and intensity during the workout... only way to know accurately would be a heart rate monitor. to get an estimate you can try this website p90xcalories.com... that's all i can offer you.

and if you think 1400 is too low, perhaps aim for 1lb per week, and eat more calories. either way, your body will adjust in a couple of weeks.
  • sweetfacephoto
    sweetfacephoto Posts: 45 Member
    Options

What the app is recommending is not set in stone. If you're on the mobile app, go to "edit profile" and then change your net calorie goal.
    Secondly... when entering the exercise... there is no way I am entering in each exercise in the video... Today I did the Cardio Power video.. this program should have that information in it. P90x and Insanity are two of the biggest names in fitness programs. This "app" should know how many calories are included...

You don't have to enter each exercise separately. If you don't already have one, get a heart rate monitor that also displays calories burned. Then you can go in, create your own workout (ex I just enter it under the name of whichever DVD I'm using that day - Pure Cardio, Cardio Power & Resistance, et al.), and enter the the time spent and calories burned.

Hope that answers your questions.
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing them. Every morning I'm like "not this again" but I do it and I'm all like "I'm a flippin champion". Then I turn into a goldfish and the cycle starts all over again.

Also, get a heart rate monitor. I know my calories burned is right because I always wear my bodybugg
  • NickDow
    NickDow Posts: 8
    Options
    Just finished day 3 today! The only thing I'm concerned about is that I'm only burning between 350-400 calories per session. And I've seen most people on the forum burn closer to 600-700. Anyone else only burrn about 400?

I've done several rounds of both P90X and INSANITY and I'm in the same boat as you. I typically burn about 400 maybe 500 calories if I really go nuts. Don't worry though, the 700+ calorie burn is not really all that common to be honest with you. Most people who actually monitor their HR with accurate monitors will discover 400-500 is more common.

Now I'm at the point that I'm doing P90X and INSANITY at the same time, The Full INSANITY program and all the strength routines from P90X. Love the workouts.

When I first did P90X I could only do 10 pull-ups, now.... a good 25
    and INSANITY Fit test was REALLY Sad, now..... Well let's just say I do better than Tania. lol

It truly works... just got to stick with it, eat and rest well.

INSANITY is awesome for developing cardio and agility that will benefit all other areas of your life in so many ways.
  • tabby151
    tabby151 Posts: 3
    Options
    I really liked Insanity! I didn't lose any weight on it, but my core definitely got stronger. I did it for 2 months straight, but had to stop due to a knee injury. If you have any sort of knee injury be VERY careful using Insanity. I showed the dvds to my physical therapist and he cringed when he saw some of the trainers in the dvds doing the jumps wrong. I have read many reviews saying to stay away if you have any sort of pre-existing knee injury. But if your knees are fine, then I say go for it!
  • LilSomethin
    Options

I burned an average of 4-500 during month 1 and am burning about 300 during month 2. I wear a HRM so I know my burns are legit. I wish I burned up to 1000 calories per session but I don't :/