Baby Fever...

Options
So lately I have had REALLY bad baby fever - i guess what sets it off is the (what seems like) hundreds of women i know are either pregnant or just had their babies, and I just can't shake the feeling!

My boyfriend and I (..but mostly me lol) have been wanting kids for a while now, at least a year, but we can't try due to the fact we just don't have money in the budget for it...

I keep reminding myself of things I'd like to accomplish BEFORE I start popping out any kids - but it's still hard.

Here's the two most important things I want BEFORE kids:

~I want to get to a healthy weight, that not only helps you when trying to conceive but it helps make pregnancy easier in general. AND on a side note - I know it sounds kinda silly, but I want to be a CUTE pregnant chick not a lady ppl are questiioning 'is she just fat or pregnant?'

~I WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING to be a stay-at-home mom. I dont mind working, I just dont want to have to worry about money while I chose not to work to take care of the children. It should be this way - I don't understand how any woman would WANT to go back to work at all lol...but thats just my personal opinion, you are all entitled to your own!

Anyways - I guess what I'm looking for is to see if any of you have been through this & what you did to help. Any help in general though is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

(PS) Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

Replies

• miss5fteleven
    Options
    I kinda feel ready for kids also - I'm almost 30. Soooooo many people i know have had kids or expecting.

However, I wanna get into shape first for the reasons you stated. I personally would want to go back to work - purely for adult interaction and to be independent, but everybody is different.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Eww, worst feeling ever. lol
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've had baby fever for such a long time.

My issue is that I don't have anyone to have a baby with. And I think I have given up on men.

I have looked into doing it on my own. And am ready as soon as I find the $ to pay for the cycles.
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    Right there with ya hun! Fiance and I have been together over 5 years and even considered having them before we got married. We are getting married September 2nd... so i cant wait for the next >5 months to go by! :D
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    You will never have themoney budgeted for it. If that is your main reason for waiting then I dont know what to tell you.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have one child and I do work, but I understand what you mean I have been on and off with a second one for awhile, but my weight has been an excuse to wait. I have two dogs that I had gotten that helped fill that void for a least a little while.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    Totally with you there... in my department at work we had 6 pregnancies in the last year. At my other job 2 pregnancies. And it seems every time i go on Facebook there's another person expecting or just gave birth! In fact, in the last week of March i had 6 different FB friends have babies.

I've been nudging my bf to consider it for a year already... he wants to be "settled"... to which i always remind him - it takes 9 months til the baby is born... so that's 9 months to figure things out!

*sigh* The waiting is killing me!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Babies make me sick too
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my fiance and i have had baby fever too, nothing can really break it, just have to keep your goals in mind and remember (especially when money is also in play as it is for us too) you want to give that baby the best life you can. You can't do that if you have no money for food never the less everything else you need. That's what I remember. Wedding, Student loans paid off, move into our home, baby. We did the numbers and are planning on trying in 3 years, which is now 2 years and 8 months! Having a time line will help so you know you're getting closer :)
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, I got pregnant at 19 years old with my son and found out I was preggers with my daughter on my 21st birthday. I would have loved to have my kids later in life, but I know life doesn't always go according to our plan and clearly God had other plans for me.

I was blessed to be a stay at home mom for 3 years and just returned to work. Its a mixed feeling for me, but I'm happy to be working again. It gets hard when your best conversation during the day is why noodles do not belong on your sister's head with a 5 year old! Just had to throw this part in there.

I would love to have baby #3 like the majority of my friends right now, but I'm like you and would rather regain my body before I go on having kids again!
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    i know the feeling!!! my hubby and i have been married for almost 3 years and we both want kids, but there always seems to be something happening that makes him not want to yet. were living with his grampa right now so for awhile it was that, he wanted to be out on our own first, but now we decided to stay and renovate the attic into an apartment so now he wants to wait till the reno is done... gah... i want babies!!!
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've had a lot of ppl tell me that you are never financially ready for kids - but ya I'd rather have the car payments out of the way, pay down the credit cards - get rid of as much debt as possible cause that's like at least $500 out of our budget every month.

I don't particularly care if my boyfriend and I are married by the time we end up having kids - we've been together for 5 years now & even bought a house so what would really be different other than my last name? lol. Honestly - i think getting married just makes things more complicated in certain ways & I have more of a desire for a baby than marriage lol.

Thanks for the support everyone! Keep it comin! :)
  • gdean428
    gdean428 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'v been having baby fever forever! My husband and I are currently trying, still. We have been TTC for over two years and still nothing. This was one of the reason why I decided to lose weight and get healthy. You would think shedding almost 100 lbs will help me get pregnant, but no babies yet!! Not giving up though!
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    <--- Wants to get knocked up
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'v been having baby fever forever! My husband and I are currently trying, still. We have been TTC for over two years and still nothing. This was one of the reason why I decided to lose weight and get healthy. You would think shedding almost 100 lbs will help me get pregnant, but no babies yet!! Not giving up though!

I am sorry to hear that!

I have heard of people losing a lot of weight having trouble at first, so hopefully it'll work out for you soon enough!

sending *Baby Dust* your way! lol