Ice Hockey

Options
GlitterGoldJem
GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
Okay, playoffs start tonight and since this isn't just a Canadian or American thing ... hockey is worldwide for the most part ...

Who else is a hockey fan? Who is your team?

I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan. I've met Sidney Crosby and most of the team, very nice people, they don't act like "stars" which makes me like them even more. I also follow the AHL and am a huge Hershey Bear and Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguin fan too. I just love the hockey organizations overall too, most teams do so much good in their communities and with charity, it's so amazing. Now the NHL overall, that's a differnt story, a lot needs to change there. lol

Replies

• Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I bleed Blue & Gold for my Sabres! Disappointed that they didn't make the playoffs but I will still be watching. I love the Pens up tempo style and it's truly amazing to really watch that team play. So many weapons, it's just sick :sick:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Blueshirts!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    San Jose Sharks!!!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    me and my boyfriend are ice hockey fans. We are from the UK and support our local team but from he also likes pittsburgh penguins x
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Go Flyers :wink:
  • TeresaWash
    TeresaWash Posts: 283
    Options
    LOVE LOve LOVE the University of ND Fighting Sioux.
    Other than that I don't pay much attention!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Loves me some hockey. Being from Oklahoma I am kinda a Stars fan, although we now have the AHL team for Edmonton. Since neither are in the playoffs I am looking forward to the Pitt/Philly series as I like the Pens. Overall I think the Rangers are going to be tough to beat but no matter what happens I just want to see the finals go 7 games and into OT for the cup. Nothing more intense than game 7 in OT.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Go WINGS!
  • vlsalvaggio
    Options
    LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!
  • heylatimer
    heylatimer Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I opened this thread hoping for a discussion on the calorie burn for playing hockey. I play it but I dont watch it - maybe the occasional game.

The 1000 calorie burn I was getting every Sunday night was great but now that my season is done I dunno what I will replace the burn with...
  • bugsymalone521
    Options
    Let's go Flyers! Should be a great series with the Pens.
  • GlitterGoldJem
    Options
    I bleed Blue & Gold for my Sabres! Disappointed that they didn't make the playoffs but I will still be watching. I love the Pens up tempo style and it's truly amazing to really watch that team play. So many weapons, it's just sick :sick:

I'm a Sabres fan too. I run the street team for the Goo Goo Dolls so I love just about everything from Buffalo including the Sabres. Ryan Miller is so amazing but I like that Crosby can get pucks past him. LOL
  • GlitterGoldJem
    Options
    I opened this thread hoping for a discussion on the calorie burn for playing hockey. I play it but I dont watch it - maybe the occasional game.

The 1000 calorie burn I was getting every Sunday night was great but now that my season is done I dunno what I will replace the burn with...

I know goalies can lose up to 10 lbs per game from all the work so I can only imagine the calories you burn playing it.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    The Hawks! I can't wait for it all to start!!
  • Lup120
    Lup120 Posts: 31
    Options
    Let's go Flyers! Should be a great series with the Pens.

Yeah Flyers! It will definitely be an awesome series! I live in Boston and everyone is saying that the Flyers vs. Pens series is only other series they are excited to see besides the Bruins.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    UK here.......Come on You Blaze !!!!!!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!
    Major Flyer fan here. This is going to be an exciting first series!! I will be on the edge of my seat tonight!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Let's go Canes! But I like the Pens too! Except when they are playing the Canes!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

I know goalies can lose up to 10 lbs per game from all the work so I can only imagine the calories you burn playing it.

My BF is a goale on a local team and yes, he can lose 5lbs easy in one game. Must be nice!