help with motivation

Options
ok, I need some serious help for motivation. I have been on this plan for 22 days and have only lost 2 pounds. I am following it to the tee! And not cheating. What's happening here? I figured ateast 2 lbs a week, but 2 lbs for 3 weeks???? my goal is 20 lbs by August. NOT seeing it....any help out there?
Nancy

Replies

• EUPETERS
    EUPETERS Posts: 3
    Options
    Stick to it and don't give up. Also, up your exercise if you havent already- even if its walking.... helps tremendously!!!
  • Elona_30
    Elona_30 Posts: 66
    Options
    stay positive and things will change, try a little more exercise, take an extra walk, or change that one unhealthy snack to a healthy one, Im having troubles getting back to the grind as well, im trying to lose at least 60 lbs now I know it will be a long time before its all gone and Im feeling discouraged as I gained a bunch of weight back during my last co-op placement but now Im all finished with school an can really focuse on my weight.

Good Luck
  • nancysav
    nancysav Posts: 4
    Options
    thanks! I'm trying real hard, and promised my daughter I'd stay with it until the end of May; my goal was to drop 20 lbs by July, and at one-half pound a week, I'm not too excited about this, considering I have never gone over my caloric intake since I started this 30 days ago. I'm pretty confused actually.
  • nancysav
    nancysav Posts: 4
    Options
    at one-half pound a week, I'm losing motivation quick. I was hoping for atleast 1-2 pounds a week as a loss. ugh...
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? I can watch what I eat perfectly but if I don't work out consistently, I would never lose an ounce.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Maybe you have your settings wrong?

How tall are you? What's your current weight? How many calories are you eating? How much are you exercising? It's hard to give concrete advice without knowing any of this info. Your diary is closed.
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    STICK WITH IT!!!!! I am 108 pounds down in a little over a year!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Are your settings set to lose 2 pounds a week? You may have a metabolic issue and should ask your doctor.
    And really, losing half a pound a week is great progress and is much better than losing nothing! Slow and steady is a good thing!
  • malkb27
    malkb27 Posts: 40
    Options
    You should measure out your food when you can (if you don't already). Many people underestimate how much they are actually eating.

Also, I go over on my calories about half of my days because my body responds better to zigzagging on calories. My goal is to stay under my weekly allotted calories, not each and every day.

When I get discouraged, I sometimes take a break and change my settings to maintain, but I guess my body just needed more calories because I always lose weight even when I should be maintaining. Listen to your body.

And I always try to go to bed hungry. No food for at least 3 hours before bed. Hang in there. Hope something resonates with you!
  • JennyTank
    JennyTank Posts: 41
    Options
    I created a chatroom if anyone is interested. Its only for MFP users, but has no connection with mfp. lol
    I only made it last night so its new. Would love for it to really pick up. :)
    If you want to join it, all you do is create a user name [there are no passwords or downloads]
    Message me for more details. :)
    spread the word if you like it. i really want to get this ball rollin'
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary....but, for me....the "quality" of the calories I eat make a big difference :ohwell:
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I want it now too and I have a ton more to lose.

I've never succeeded at losing weight long term, but people are always saying that it is a lifestyle change. If you just look at it as a way to lose weight, you might not keep it off.

If you only have 25 pounds to lose, a 1/2 pound a week is, in my opinion, the healthy, long-term way to go.

If you want quicker results, I recommend strength training and cardio. You will see your body change even if the scale is dropping slowly.

I keep telling myself that it seems like forever now, but a year from now, I will be happy I kept pushing through.

I wish you well.
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy,

I agree with the others. Perhaps you should open your food diary if you need some advice as there are a lot of people here who can help you overcome this blockade.

Being over 50 as well I have added sodium to my Food Diary as I was retaining a great deal of water.
    I'm also trying to reduce my carbs which help me with bloating.

You might also up your excercise and pay less attention to the food diary adding calories for exercise.

When you're over 50 your metabolism slows and the hormone fluctuation (or lack thereof) makes it diffficult to lose but it can be done!!

And congratulations on the .5 lbs per month! Way to go-in the right direction!
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    REmember to take your measurements. My first 3mths I only lost 1.5kgs!