Looking for friends!

Options
Hi,
I've been on the side for a while, but have only started using it seriously for a few weeks. I'm recovering from Hodgkin's Lymphoma, a cancer in my chest near my heart. I have a few treatments left, but it looks like I'm close to kicking the disease. I've decided I never want to go through that again, so it's time to get really healthy and change my lifestyle to a more active one.

I'm also an opera singer, and it's much easier to have a successful singing career if you are thin, fit, and attractive, than if you are overweight. So that's my other goal, for the sake of my career, is to make myself as attractive as I can. (I can't change my face, but I can change my body ;)

Anywho... I'd love to find more friends that are going through this journey as well, as I think it'll help with motivation...

So, add me!

Replies

• Alicai
    Alicai Posts: 55
    Options
    Hey there...sent you a friend request. Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • Glassgal01
    Glassgal01 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

You have been through alot and I'm glad to hear your doing better. Feel free to ad me as a friend. :smile:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Wowwy! Nice talent... Glad you are recovering and hope you will enjoy MFP! Feel free to add me,~ I'm great at motivating and enjoy the journey with lots of friends! :smile:
  • dancole79
    dancole79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. Also sent you a message. Welcome to MFP!
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've got you on my list now. I'm glad to hear you're doing well in your fight. Cancer a b@%*# and needs to go! My mother just finished chemo and I want to get myself into shape partially because mortality becomes for evident when you're faced with it yourself or with loved ones.

You'll have plenty of support around here. :)