93 lbs down & excited to share a new before & after pic!

Options
2»

Replies

• patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You Look Amazing! Thank you for showing us it can be done.
  • rosemarysage100
    rosemarysage100 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations!!! ;-)
  • christina423
    christina423 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Very inspirational! :)
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Amazing!! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • PDCbran
    PDCbran Posts: 6
    Options
    You look fab! Wow, you totally inspired me to do this
  • Puri85
    Puri85 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow, u look so amazing! hope i'll have that look too.....
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results!! ....And by the way, you look great as a blonde! ;-)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Great job you look great!!
  • bikiniwantabe
    bikiniwantabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    totally awesome!
  • sissypunks
    Options
    way to go !
  • saucygirl0
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement! It's been a long but satisfying few years, and I am so much more confident now. The pounds always come off quicker when I'm in a good place mentally, which, as someone who has dealt with depression for 15 years now, is not something that comes naturally for me.

Aside from addressing the surface problems of low activity and overeating, I have spent a lot of time addressing the reasons behind these behaviors. I went to cognitive behavioral therapy in 2007-2008 to learn healthier ways to deal with emotional situations that would inevitably pop up in the future, as the only way I knew to deal with them at that point was with substance abuse, cutting, and binge-eating. A side effect of that therapy is that I started to feel like I deserved to be a healthy, beautiful person on the outside as well as in. The therapy enabled me to change the way I viewed and lived my life, and I would recommend it to anyone dealing with depression, anxiety, PTSD, or anything similarly debilitating.

Not everyone needs therapy - I understand that. However, a severe weight issue is usually a symptom of something larger, rather than just a disease in itself, so work on your inside as much as your outside. We all need to be honest with ourselves about the reasons why we do the things we do. Assess your situation, make a plan to change, and use that plan as a net to catch you whenever you start to fall off the wagon. Your plan should be a friend, not a burden.

I hope this helps you all. These are the tools that have helped me succeed thus far, and I want to share them with whomever possible. We all deserve it and we are all equipped with the ability to change. Let's keep going. :)
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    You look amazing! Fantastic job!
  • louellenlehman
    Options
    Very awesome! Of course you look fantastic, but how do you 'feel'? I'd like to hear about the differences in your energy and overall health and happiness
  • bbturbofiregirl
    Options
    WOO HOO! Amazing Job, well done! How great you must feel. Congratulations to you!:wink:
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    :smile: Congrats!
  • Jenn609
    Jenn609 Posts: 6
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great!
  • elliottjane
    Options
    Talk about Thinsperation! Congrats!!
  • Ianuzified
    Ianuzified Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!