Trying to understand fitbit still

Options
Ok, I have tried to find simiar posts but I have not, so if this is a repeat sorry, So my bf bought me a fitbit a few months ago,and I love it so far. I wanted it because I have a desh job(yuck) and i sit for most of the day, I do get up and walk around when ever I get the chance ADD I think lol, but I wanted to see what I was actually burning during the day. I use it for my workouts which is great, but then I do ware it the whole day, I have recently upped my calories from 1200 to 1300, I always eat my exercise calories back( I am a true fat girl and I love food which is why I am here) but anyway at the end of the day my fitbit says for example 1800 caolries burned not including what I got for exercise, if I am burning 1800 in a day plus what I get from work outs why am I still not losing weight, I must say some of my food choices are not the greatest but I am still under my calories (most of the time) So if any one can kind of explain to me what I am doing wrong or any kind of insight to why I am not losing anything that would be so helpful. Thanks :wink:

Replies

• llee1024
    llee1024 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you are burning 1800 calories a day before exercise, how many calories a day do you burn with exercise? On days you don't exercise, I would stick to around 1300 calories (a 500 calorie deficit for a 1 lb. a week loss). If you exercise and your total burn for the day is 2100 calories, then I would eat up to 1600 calories on those days. If your burn is more, increase the amount of calories that you eat that day, just making sure you have a 500 calorie deficit each day.