SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    "God help me, I'm starving"

I had no idea God was a member of MFP!

Yeah when did this happen
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    Yeah, I'd eat some but i wouldn't eat them all. Thats just me. I like to see how many cals I have left over and the bigger the # the happier I am.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    EAT
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Because you only have 10lbs to go I would suggest setting your goal for a loss of 0.5lb a week, this should then give you more calories but you should also be eating your exercise calories as MFP doesn't take this in to account. I think it might be a bit confusing as you do set exercise targets but this doesn't change the calories just gives you an exercise target.
  • grayyoung84
    grayyoung84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would just let your appetite be your guide, sometimes I eat mine back, sometimes I don't, just as long as you're under your daily goal-you're in the clear!
  • iamfishing
    Options
    My understanding is that maintaining the 1200 calories will give you slow but steady weight loss. The right way to do it. So if you are burning extra calories with exercise then you should be consuming more calories (and feeling less starved). Just make sure the additional calories are good calories...veggies and protein. Low on the carbs! :o)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Since starting ATkins, I am never, ever hungry, I feel great, and I lose every week.

AAAAANnnnnnnndddddd....let the bashing begin...

Just research it :)
  • br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Most def eat those exercise calories. or at least half of them!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Food is fuel! Eat your workout calories or you're gonna run out of energy and feel like crap!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... doesn't mean you have eat them all... but YESSSSSSSSSSSS eat - if your body is telling you it is hungry it is because it is lacking fuel... how long do you really think you could go without fueling and coming to a HALT...

MFP has me at a 1200 calorie in take... I average about 300 -500 on slower days on workouts... that only gives me a net of about 900 - 700 calories (net= body actually keeps, at least that is my definition) on an average I eat a 1500+ calories a day.

So fine not everyone is the same but if you are feeling hungry, EAT... just stay within your total daily calorie amount.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you are sticking to 1200 and exercising on top of that and you're not feeling good and it makes you want to quit, you should definitely eat some exercise calories back.

If you're worried about eating them back, start with eating half back for a week, see if you feel better.

Girl! you better eat before you pass out burning 500+ calories, LOL! I dont know how everybody else does but as heavy as I am for the past 2 weeks I've been on MFP, I eat almost every calorie +or- 10 that is given to me and the 2lb loss a week setting with that has been working!!!!
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    try more veggies and fruit, and eat more protein!!!!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Okay, okay. Rookie mistake!
    I just adjusted my weight loss goal from 1.5/week to .5/week which increased my calorie goal. If I'm still hungry, I'll tap into those exercise calories without feeling guilty!
  • 4daluvof_candice
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... doesn't mean you have eat them all... but YESSSSSSSSSSSS eat - if your body is telling you it is hungry it is because it is lacking fuel... how long do you really think you could go without fueling and coming to a HALT...

MFP has me at a 1200 calorie in take... I average about 300 -500 on slower days on workouts... that only gives me a net of about 900 - 700 calories (net= body actually keeps, at least that is my definition) on an average I eat a 1500+ calories a day.

So fine not everyone is the same but if you are feeling hungry, EAT... just stay within your total daily calorie amount.
    [/quote

Amen to that! LOL!:bigsmile:
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    You have to keep putting fuel in your car for it to run, same thing with your body.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    You might want to also go in and change your program. Maybe you're listed as "sedentary" but as you say, you move around a lot. Let the program account for that.

Personally, I think setting for sedentary and adding in what you do is more accurate, long term. I wear a FitBit, and it automatically adds in calories for activity. The big thing I notice is how big a difference there is from day to day. Some days my adjustment is small, other times it's huge. I had no idea my days activities varied so much! It would be difficult to choose an average activity level, at least for me.
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My rule of thumb has been if I'm hungry I eat something. I just make sure it's calories that will fuel body not weigh it down.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    Options
    Okay, okay. Rookie mistake!
    I just adjusted my weight loss goal from 1.5/week to .5/week which increased my calorie goal. If I'm still hungry, I'll tap into those exercise calories without feeling guilty!

Great, Good Luck!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Like, all the time. MFP has me eating 1200 calories, meanwhile all the running around I do at work has me burning up to 550 calories a day (I logged 9.5 miles yesterday on the pedometer between walking at work and jogging last night).
    Should I be eating some of these exercise calories? Or will I eventually get used to the reduced calories I eat? Or what?

You're not burning 550 calories per day if that's your normal daily activity level.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    Never let yourself get too hungry... and eat ALL your calories. If I deprive myself i find i lose much slower. you need to eat to lose.

19111718.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter