Picture of your tattoo(s)

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

GEISHA *why?* because I feel as woman, we have our traditional duties to perform in a relationship!

:noway: I have nothing against your tattoo, but wow, that way of thinking just set back women's liberation by 20 years.

I disagree. No shame in taking care of your man. Warm meals. A clean home. Open loving arms always. I think its a beautiful thing. Feminism is killing our true power....our femininity! Chivalry is dead and women killed it.
    There's a difference between love and subservience. Relationships should be partnerships, not dictatorships. I don't see any beauty in putting restrictions on people's freedoms based on what's "socially accepted." Chivalry was a movement that spread the message that women NEEDED men and couldn't be independent. Good riddance. Feminism is the empowerment of women, who have been oppressed since "man" domesticated animals.
    I definitely disagree but whatever makes you happy. I'm never oppressed hes always chivalrous. We care for each other in traditional gender roles without a dictatorship. But if feminism brings you confidence and joy that's great also! Like attracts like. I'm just old fashioned in some ways (:

I completely agree with you. My late boyfriend was very chivalrous. On our very first date, he told me "chivalry is not dead" as he opened the door of his truck for me. He was very old fashioned and I loved it! He never treated me like I was not equal to him and I always felt like I was the luckiest woman in the world to be his girlfriend. I was a woman to be envied! Well, in my mind anyway. :happy:
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I think I figured out how to post a pic to MFP. Here's the tattoo I got last Sunday.

Jeff-KanjiTattoo.jpg
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Dragontattoo.jpg
    This is my first Tattoo
    Legtattoo.jpg
    Got the buffalo one a few years back. My wilderness name was Red Buffalo. The Celtic band needs to be fixed because a friend did it and apparently it was too hard for him to get right. getting it fixed next month
    MyVegvisirtattoo.jpg
    Just got this one a few days ago. both me and my wife got it because it's an old Nordic symbol that is supposed to guide you through stormy weather :)
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So I have a few, most of which are in process....my shoulder pieces will eventually be half sleeves.... my foot is still unfinished....and I mayyyyy end up doing some more with my hip and thigh. We will see. I love knowing the right people; homie hookups are where it's AT! :happy:
    I also apparently have a thing for birds I was unaware of until they started appearing on my body. In fact, sleeves will consist of the sparrows I already have, plus a peacock with a pocket watch and snowy barn owl with a compass.
    Yes, they have meaning. Except, really, the zombiefied My Little Pony. ::squee::

Spring3.jpg
    Fall2.jpg
    Photo0545.jpg
    Photo0762_001.jpg
    Photo0662.jpg
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    MyVegvisirtattoo.jpg
    Just got this one a few days ago. both me and my wife got it because it's an old Nordic symbol that is supposed to guide you through stormy weather :)

Love that new one. Very cool. I'm already thinking about my second one and I just got my first one last week. Addictive!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I absolutely LOVE your tat xosmsox
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    PicsArt_PicsArt_1329742990419.png

A couple of mine.

Oh I like this!!! Love how it goes down your leg!!!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You can see two of mine if you go to my profile (it's not private)...

The one on my shoulder is a sparrow at the top, with a road with a picket fence going down, and inside the road, it says
    "Smile at the simple stuff, cause this road ain't long enough, to miss a single turn..."

The one on my wrist says "nunquam iterum" which means "never again", and the roman numerals CCCLIII is my starting weight 353. Reminds me that I will NEVER go back there.

I have 7 total, but those are the only ones on here.

The others:
    chinese symbol for twin on the back of my neck
    a music note that turns into a cross at the top on the back of my right shoulder
    wedding date on inside of right ankle
    "jesus fish" on right foot
    a start made out of music notes around the fish on my foot

Getting another one next week, on the inside of my wrist, starting below my thumb and going an inch past my wrist. It's the infinity symbol in my pics. :)
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Oh I like this!!! Love how it goes down your leg!!!
    [/quote]

Thank you very much..I add to it nearly every year...the inside is being worked on now. Just the left leg and dont know why.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    I'll post mine up when I get home. I have 6 tattoos and I NEED more =]
  • palfijozsa
    Options
    You are a blacksmith?! How awesome! Are you, by any chance, in the SCA?
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump for when I get home! =] So I can post
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @ Marcia

Haha. Those little boys are looking at you like "you crazy". Their faces are priceless. The color on your tattoo is beautiful btw.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    good god, people! How the hell did this turn into a conversation about feminism!?!?!!?

MFP forums are probably the last place one would want to try to have a healthy intellectual debate....

But I can't help myself.

I can't stand the way people lump "feminists" together. As if we are all the same.
    Second, I can't stand the assumption that because a man has more physical strength than a woman, that this is the logical basis of partiarchy. I really don't think it is. We don't live like wild animals out alone in the world, each person for themselves. There are larger societal reasons why we live in a patriarchal society. We used to have goddess based pagan religions and if you look at the evolution of religion you can see the baby steps from a matrilineal/matriarchal society to a patrilineal/patriarchal society. Personally, I think the big switch happened when we realized that women didn't spontaneously give birth on their own.... if you want a book that will explain better what I'm talking about, read The Chalice and The Blade.

Ok. Second, I had a serious cringe reaction to the lady saying stuff about believing women should be submissive and take care of her man, etc. But I've taken a step back, reconsidered, and now I'd like to respond. First, i realized my reaction was based on some incredibly pathetic women I have come across who "take care of their man" and are submissive and the men are complete and utter jerks. In fact, I have seen a number of male serial abusers go not very long on their own becuase there is always some dumb lady with low self esteem just waiting to have him scoop her up, treat her like dirt, and spit her out. I say of these women "some women are content to be doormats."

But i also recognize, after I get over my knee jerk reaciton, that this person on MFP might actually have a really good partner. And she might just be sayign she prefers this roll. In which case, I got NO PROBLEM with that. That is NOT being a doormat. The larger context is, thanks to FEMINISTS, she can wear pants, she can get a job, get credit, own her own car, vote for president, and choose to live how she wants. And In my opinion, feminism isn't about saying ALL WOMEN should have a job/own a house/be self sufficient. Feminism is about having a society where women can each make their own choices about their lives. My sister once blamed feminism for the fact that she had to work and raise kids. My response was that feminism was never after teh mission of eliminating a woman's choice about how to live her life.....

but I guess just personally, going back to the doormat women, I don't know how much they are making choices so much as repeating pattersn of abuse which i think is a problem for women in general because the men who find happy littel doormats begin to expect htat all women be happy being a doormat.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos right now...but i really want to get more.

my first one is on my upper back between my shoulder blades and i got it because the bible verse has always been one of my favorites and i am happy to have Grace always follow me wherever i go. i really want to add a cross with vines around this one as my next tattoo.

my second one is on my left ribs and it says Family in Hebrew. i got this one so i could always keep my family close to my heart. i got it in hebrew because of the biblical references that has for me. although i am christian, not jewish.

6921935640_73b0bbb47f.jpg
    tattoos by emgawne, on Flickr
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    423580_10150691504101201_507061200_11611584_182353953_n.jpg

307658_10150773544580578_733180577_20431036_3120295_n.jpg

untitled.jpg

Don't mind the actual pictures ha. I didn't have any of just the tattoos. The hummingbird is for my grandma. My sister and I have matching ones. :)
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I admire people who have tattoos, but I just cannot push myself to do it. It makes you easily identifiable by the authorities, and I have this huge irrational fear about government(s) turning on its citizens.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    ok can not get the picture to post ....