My little RANT!

Options
I know this is an adult site and I completely think those who are proud of themselves have every right to post Before and After pictures. I also love looking at before and afters because not only does it show how dedicated the people on this website are but drastically the body can change. That said, I think that there should be a rule that if your picture could resemble a scene from "girls gone wild" maybe you should think twice before putting it on the internet where it will stay forever. <--- I just saw one today, and while I think it is amazing that the person lost all the weight, a picture completely naked from the waist up, with only a hand covering their chest should not be allowed... <Rant Over>

Replies

• kristinabunton
    Options
    i completely agree with you
  • peanutswife
    peanutswife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You just said what I was thinking when I saw the same pic. A little to much (or to little) for me. LOL
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more. Censorship is pretty silly. If you don't like the pictures, stop looking at them.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Such pictures are against the rules. If you see one and think it doesn't fit the rules, you're free to report it. Moderators don't scan the forums looking for these things.

12. No Profane, Vulgar, Sexually Explicit or Illegal Images

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity

If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I agree. When I post photos, I ask myself "how would I feel if my children, or my clients saw this?" That tends to keep my photos pretty mild...
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    deleted.
  • beccadailly
    Options
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more. Censorship is pretty silly. If you don't like the pictures, stop looking at them.

I agree, censorship is a slippery slope. And it's the north american culture that perceives a woman's body as an object of lust and being sexually explicit. I think the female body is amazing and should be shown, nothing to be disgusted by.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Such pictures are against the rules. If you see one and think it doesn't fit the rules, you're free to report it. Moderators don't scan the forums looking for these things.

All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity

If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic.

Then there are a lot of pictures that do not conform to this because it seems there are many underwear pictures. Personally, I didn't have a problem with the picture mentioned by the OP...nothing graphic about it, IMHO
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    why does it bother u so much?

if u dont like it keep it moving. im just saying
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If people want to put up photos that may embarrass them later - why do you care?

If you think the post breaks the rules, report it and stop looking at it. MFP is free to censor it if they want to.

I don't care what people put on the internet, provided they're posting images about them. I'd feel differently if they were posting images of someone else w/o permission.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

- no nudity

Then there are a lot of pictures that do not conform to this because it seems there are many underwear pictures. Personally, I didn't have a problem with the picture mentioned by the OP...nothing graphic about it, IMHO

I agree, there are a lot of pictures that violate the rules. Personally, I couldn't care less about most of them. Just pointing out that there *are* rules and if you think something is violating one of them, *you* can report it. Ranting does nothing, and moderators enforce the rules based off of member reports.
  • LadyBuell
    LadyBuell Posts: 164
    Options
    At the very least, the title should have the NSFW label. Luckily no one was walking by when I opened that one up.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    At the very least, the title should have the NSFW label. Luckily no one was walking by when I opened that one up.

TOTALLY AGREE on the NSFW label
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I know this is an adult site and I completely think those who are proud of themselves have every right to post Before and After pictures. I also love looking at before and afters because not only does it show how dedicated the people on this website are but drastically the body can change. That said, I think that there should be a rule that if your picture could resemble a scene from "girls gone wild" maybe you should think twice before putting it on the internet where it will stay forever. <--- I just saw one today, and while I think it is amazing that the person lost all the weight, a picture completely naked from the waist up, with only a hand covering their chest should not be allowed... <Rant Over>

There is such a rule. :) No need to rant. Now you can report!
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We're all adults so censor yourselves...if you think it's too much, don't look and don't post pics like that of you. But why stop everyone else who doesn't mind? Let us all choose for ourselves, and we'll let you choose for yourselves.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options

- no nudity

I agree, there are a lot of pictures that violate the rules. Personally, I couldn't care less about most of them. Just pointing out that there *are* rules and if you think something is violating one of them, *you* can report it. Ranting does nothing, and moderators enforce the rules based off of member reports.

Well in this case the rant did bring to light the rules and that is good, IMHO.

by the way where is the pic (he he)
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options

agree yesterday a guy posted himself you know what i mean and they deleted it. why not the women
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more offended by the messy rooms shown in the background. :wink:

It's like...seriously? Do all these gorgeously slender people live in the same unkempt household? Maybe they spent so much time preparing healthy meals and exercising that they didn't have time left to tidy up. :smile:
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more offended by the messy rooms shown in the background. :wink:

It's like...seriously? Do all these gorgeously slender people live in the same unkempt household? Maybe they spent so much time preparing healthy meals and exercising that they didn't have time left to tidy up. :smile:

So funny, many many are in the bathroom...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!