Started Insanity Yesterday

Options
Hi. I've recently hit a plateau with my weight loss and thought trying something new would help get me through. I picked up Insanity and started yesterday. Is anyone else doing Insanity too? I'm new to using the MFP website, so please feel free to add me as a friend and we'll do this together

Replies

• CandylandChel
    CandylandChel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position. Plateaued for two weeks. I bOught insanity thinking it's an intense workout that's totally sufferer each day. I started last week and lost 3 lbs already. It's hard. Not gonna lie. An it only gets worse. But the key is to take it at your own pace and take water breaks (not long ones, maybe 10-15sec) often enough. If you need to stop for a min, stop for a min. But give it all you got. Make sure an watch your heart rate!! cannot stress that enough! It gets right up to your max. That's what the program is designed for, to get the max caloric burn even after you've stopped the workout. I highly recommend this program. You just have to be dedicated and motivated!!!
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I have been doing it for about a month. I am on the recovery week and about to go in to the 2nd month this Saturday. I actually hit a plateau on the workout. However, I read that tends to be common and that the 2nd month is where a lot of it comes off. I also noticed that I was not eating enough to balance the workload that this workout needs. I was way low on my caloric intake and high on my calories burned, so my weight loss had came to a very slow and stalled rate. I'm hoping that the 2nd month and the awareness of my calorie intake will kick start the weight loss again.
  • aimsmith
    aimsmith Posts: 2
    Options
    I am on week 3 of insanity. I love it!!! I haven't noticed any change on the scale but I have definitely noticed a change in the way I feel and the way my clothes fit. It's a challenge everyday to squeeze in the workout but I make time. They say you really start seeing results the second month so I'm looking forward to that. We can do this!!!