need moral support

reaann
reaann Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone
first time i have done online dieting i need to lose three stone but because im the only one in my family with a weight problem i find it dfficult to do it on my own i dont eat meals just snacks through out the day tried the meal planner on here and can see just how bad my eating is .really fed up feeling tired and fat ,i dread a hot day as it makes feel uncomfortable so i thought i would try this to see site if it helps to motivate me x

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Hey you can do it You took the first step and came here :smile: If you need some support just let me know :flowerforyou:
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Congrats on joining us!:drinker:

We are all here to help each other with support or knowledge.:flowerforyou:

You will succeed!:smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Hi, welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • reaann
    thanks
    i wasn't sure if i would get a reply from anyone although you all seem really friendly im trying to get the slider thing up but dont know how to paste and copy can you help me with that please x
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Welcome and congratulations for taking that first step! Try to remember to take it one step at a time, don't dive in head first into a major lifestyle upheaval that is such a radical change that you burn out too fast. Start by drinking more water and get up and get moving throughout your day, gradually add more and more healthy options into your life and before you know it you'll be feeling and looking even better! Best wishes!:flowerforyou:
  • reaann
    thanks
    the water will be an issue for me as i dont drink it at all just tea and juices and going by my meal plans i dont eat enough cals either so it will be a big challenge for me most people on here seem to have lost lots of weight i really admire them all for that as i know how hard it is to lose the weight x
  • LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    Hi, Reann:

Your first step has to be getting your diet in line. I bet if you cut down on the juices and the tea, and increased your water intake, you'd lose weight right off the bat.

Next, you HAVE to start eating regular meals. Use a meal planner if you have to. But not eating regular meals and drinking sugar drinks all the time will make your metabolism slow and contribute to your weight problem.

We've all been there....take those 2 steps first and you'll be on your way to being healthy. Take one small step at a time. First try cutting back on juice - if you normally drink 3 a day, try drinking just one and replacing the other 2 with water.

Baby steps..you'll get there eventually, but you have to start somewhere!
  • reaann
    hi
    have you just started and did you lose three pounds in one week im always in a hurry to lose weight and i know it doesn't happen that way . i think i am going to like this site as its the first time i have felt hopeful about losing weight x
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Hi and welcome! This is a wonderful site with great people and it has helped me tremendously. You are definitely on the right track!:flowerforyou:
  • reaann
    thanks
    its all a bit daunting and your are right this is a fantastic place to get support i hope i can succeed this time iv'e tried to do it on my own for a long time but somtimes you just need someone to say come on you can do it and if things go wrong keep trying xx
This discussion has been closed.