Egg Help

Options
Can someone explain to me why the egg calories are all different? I fry mine in the morning but all I use in no stick PAM with salt and pepper. Are the calories based on butter or something else to fry them in?

Replies

• Kate Smith
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why the egg calories are all different? I fry mine in the morning but all I use in no stick PAM with salt and pepper. Are the calories based on butter or something else to fry them in?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I think they are, I wondered this too. It must include oil or something.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    70 calories in an egg.
    If you poach it-it is the same
    If you fry it in a non stick pan with no oil butter-it is the same
    If you fry it with butter or with oil you need to add that.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    One more thing-If you are frying it without butter or oil, enter it as a hard boiled egg.
    Eggs-Grade A-Large egg 70 calories
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    If you use PAM spray...it's still and oil and needs to be considered. The 1/3rd second of a spray is small enough to label it as 0 calories according to the food and drug admin...however, it is an oil, and alllllllll oil has calories. If they labeled it a 2 second spray, it would have calories listed.
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    So, if someone has already entered Scrambled eggs in the food database, does that include the butter they were fried in or not?
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    Seriously, if i had to worry about counting a tiny spray of cooking spray i would lose my mind. I'm nerotic enough keeping track of calories, carbs, protein and sodium within a vegetarian plus seafood, wholegrain low sodium zone diet. Sometimes i don't bother counting lettuce in a sandwich either.
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No doubt... let the no stick spray calories go :laugh: Even the WWer program allows 5 one second sprays for zero points.

The real question is... How are they counting those seconds?

a) 1,2,3,4,5 ?

or

b) 1 one thouuuuusand, 2 one thousand, 3... :laugh:
  • Kate Smith
    Options
    I know the cooking spray is minimal but I am seriously trying to stay with in my calorie count. Notice my profile says weight lost 0!! I want to make the most of my 1200 calories. Just like I realized I have to give up my Bread and Butter pickle chips with lunch, it ate up 100-150 calories everytime. I know its silly I just want to be accurate.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I never count my oils or butters. I use olive oil, coconut oil, grape and flax seed oils and I use the I can't believe it's not butter.

There are some oils/butter product foods out there that really aren't worth counting unless you eat it plain or drink it....

But I and most of us, always measure it....
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So, if you use the better oils and butter, olive oils, you don't have to count them into your calorie allottment?
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Nice try want to be....of course you have to count em...:laugh:

Weight Loss still equates to burning off more calories than you eat.

(:wink: that would be like saying you don't need to count a cookie if a bite has been taken out of it...)