Loads of NSV's!!!!

Options
In december 2011 we went skiing, when I was over 21 pounds heavier than I am now and it was horrendous - ski suit tight, airplane seatbelt and seat uncomfortable, knees. hips and ankles all screamed in agony and muscles cramped so badly I could not walk at one point.

i almost vowed I would never repeat the experience again. Then I realised jhow much the kids loved it and admitted to myself that it was really due to the excess baggage I was carrying in my body (not my bags) that was the real problem.

Then I cried and joined MFP.

Then we have the opportunity to go skiing again.... Oh hell thinks I - but I used it as a motivational tool to keep on trying to lose the weight.

What a difference - I can't tell you.
1. On the plane had to tighten the seat belt and there seemed to be A LOT more room in the seat
2. Ski suit is really too big now (but I was too tight to buy a new one!!)
3. All the walking and cross trainering (?) meant that I really didn't suffer any pains - no hip or ankle pain at all (and knees only hurt because I was doing sooooo well skiing!)
4. I ate, drank and enjoyed my holiday and gave myself 5 days off MFP guilt free - AND........ - I lost a pound!!!!

Just goes to show - same holiday 21 lbs lighter - and life is soooo much better!!! I was like a different person!!

If I weren't so damn British I might let out a whoop at this precise moment.... but no..... that would be a step too far!!!:wink:

Replies

• shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm so happy you turned a negative experience into a happy one next time you went. :D
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome job!
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Make sure you remember this next time you don't feel motivated :)
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    oh go ahead and whoop, just once, we won't tell! you deserve it!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's a great story! Thanks for sharing!
  • heleflump
    heleflump Posts: 57
    Options
    oh go ahead and whoop, just once, we won't tell! you deserve it!

"whoop" (:blushing: nope - still doesn't sound right!! :blushing: )
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Try the "woot" that one is good too. Maybe more your style. Congrats by the way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!