Anyone else need to cut down on Cocktails to slim down??

Options
I am a 41 year old mom of two. I haven't quite kicked my desire for cocktails...More specifically Captain Morgan. I know that when I have a few one night, the next day I am going to have no will power. Actually, the evening I have a few I have no will power and do stupid eating moves. I am looking for a buddy to support kick the empty calories from alcohol as well as slimming down all around. Anyone out there have this issue???

Let's support each other!!

Replies

• kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Finally someone after my own heart! I wouldn't say that I need to cut down on cocktails to slim down, but I do think that I need to cut down on cocktails and that it may help a little. I have 15 more pounds to lose and I can stay within my calories with food each day, but I do love to have a drink or three several nights/week. My weakness is peppermint schnapps w/ diet coke, Malibu with diet sprite, or pinot grigio. It's funny because the times that I have gone several weeks without cocktails in order to lose weight, I haven't seen any change.
  • Lauraleeburgess
    Lauraleeburgess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went three months without any but didn't see a change either, but I think I just need to put all three together - Exercise, Healthy diet and cut back the Captain...
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I'm going to cut back on the cocktails as I REALLY want to get the last 15 pounds off! I thought maybe limiting alcohol to weekends, or only one weekend day.
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    I gave up my Crown and Diet Coke for 45 days..didnt lose a pound, I am back to drinking my CDC but I felt better without it...thinking it is time to give it up for good
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Stopping drinking alone won't show significant weight loss. However, tie that together with the right workout and nutrition and you will shed the lbs.
  • Beefydog
    Beefydog Posts: 3
    Options
    It must be the age of 41 :) I have 2 kids and very much enjoy my nightly wine as well. I am a bit discouraged to see you both have cut down your drinking and still have not lost any weight - I am really thinking that this is the key, - stop the wine, lose the weight. I have gained about 20lbs in the last year, and it is mostly due to drinking and eating incorrectly when I drink. I live in a very social neighborhood with lots of kids, and we all enjoy our evening cocktail after work while the kids play outside. I am on my 2nd week of not drinking during the week in hopes this will help..but I can't totally give it up, I love it too much. I would love to give you support in this effort, as well as you can help me. Good Luck!!
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    YES!!! I know that when I need to slim down I have to stop drinking but there's nothing I love more than a glass of wine with my dinner or at the end of the evening. I had to stop drinking chardonnay because I could easily drink a bottle a night and that would cause me to make bad food choices. Instead, I will have a glass or two of red wine and that satisfies me and is much better for my health.
  • Lauraleeburgess
    Options
    Your neighborhood sounds similar to mine...we love to party...that is the only way to put it - especially now that the weather is nice. Let's do this together!
  • Lauraleeburgess
    Options
    I am in! Let's do this!!!
  • shan_0517
    shan_0517 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm SO with you! Captain and Diet is my drink of choice as well.. And sometimes Vodka. At least Cap n Diet are low cal. Ive cut back to once or twice a week, but its still tough.. Feel free to add me as a friend any of you! :happy:
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! My neighborhood enjoys bonfires and drinking. I also enjoy a wine or captain and diet.... I am trying not to drink during the week, but sometime I really crave a glass of wine when the kids sleep. I try to keep it in my calorie range.... but that doesn't always happen! :)
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!!! I am not alone lol. My weakness is whipped vodka and diet Sunkist or just whipped vodka at night. The thought of not having my nightly "AAAHHHH" moment scares me lol. It's the one pleasure I have left and I know I need to step back a little.
  • MndaLynn
    MndaLynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Did someone say cocktails? I love them! :)

The summer time is definitely harder for me than the winter. A bbq is just not a bbq without beer. I do not drink during the week, and try to only pick one day/night to drink on the weekend.

Anyone can add me. I'm always looking for some dedicated friends!!
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in this boat. I love my drinks - all kinds! We have a fully stocked bar and a large collection of single malts at home. I love relaxing with wine or joining my friends for pints after work (or during work, if it's Beer Friday in the office). So many social events revolve around booze! I am at least trying to steer clear of the sugary types, but alcohol carbs add up.
  • bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I incorporated my 2 glass of red wine, (and not small glasses mind you because I love my wine) in my calorie count, Not stopping wine I have still lost 7/8 pounds in 5 weeks. I have increased my exercise and basically eat 1200 - 1400 calories a day.
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! My neighborhood enjoys bonfires and drinking. I also enjoy a wine or captain and diet.... I am trying not to drink during the week, but sometime I really crave a glass of wine when the kids sleep. I try to keep it in my calorie range.... but that doesn't always happen! :)

Keep up the hard work. Wine isn't so bad, its the soda..diet or not it's bad for you. I'm working on staying of the soda and try and drink unsweetened tea and water. Lemon and Limes are my new friends.
  • RaysFan80
    RaysFan80 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have a new found love for diet dr. pepper and whipped vodka! My problem is, I crave carbs like mad when I drink alcohol. I usually end up scarfing down bad things and regretting it the next day, so I try to stay away from alcohol as much as I can. :/
  • ejw7390
    ejw7390 Posts: 4
    Options
    Yes, but my problem is beer. I drink lite beer but way too much of it. I just purchased a gym membership and start Monday the 16th. I plan to go to the gym before work 3 days a week and work to drastically improve my eating habits. Sweets are not a problem for me but I eat very large portions so I need to change that!
  • Flemstica
    Flemstica Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You guys are my kinda peeps! I should really cut down on my drinking, but dang I've been stressed lately! lol. I did switch my usual beer(Coors Light) for Bud Select 55. It's actually not bad. I'm not a big wine drinker but I like to switch it for my beer every week or so. I also love vodka, rum, ooh and did someone mention Crown? Yummmm. But I stick with diet soda for mixer so it's not so bad, right? haha ;-)
    Anyhow, I'd love to have more mfp friends who drink! I like seeng what others drink and how they fit it in to their calories.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you on that. I love beer, and I miss not being able to just grab one whenever I feel like it. I don't drink to excess, but on a Friday night, while the BBQ is going, my lawnchair just looks so empty without one, and it cries to me! LOL. I've decided that I'd rather use my calories for food, but I'm not above hitting the gym extra hard just to have a few beers with friends, or whatever :-)