Looking for petite friends!

Options

Replies

• laurajd28
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5ft2 and 120lbs!!

I go to the gym 2 or 3 times per week, burning around 500 calories each time (treadmill, rowing, stepper), but my weight just won't budge at all :(
    I'm also making extra effort to drink more water as I was drinking hardly any before, but now I'm up to about 1.5litres per day.

I'm going to start filling in my food diary again as I became so de-motivated that I just gave up with it.
    My calories are set at 1200 per day, does that sound about right?

Is there anything else that I could be doing to help kick-start the weight loss?

Any tips or advice would be fab!!!

Laura :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 three, 122 lbs.
  • 88perfect
    88perfect Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hey im 5'3" and about 118-119 pounds. and have a lot more to lose
    add me if you like
    :D
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and as of Sunday am 129.8 (Phewww...just made the cut!) :)
  • shelbyterry5
    shelbyterry5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" 146 currently.... i know people that are much bigger and they don't understand why I say i'm obese (clinically) I have a ways to go!
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love petite women! Good luck to you all.
  • LadyJos
    LadyJos Posts: 29
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 5'2 and 120lbs. I've lost 13lbs since January and I'm trying to keep it off and start building muscle. Unfortunately, I can't motivate myself to go to the gym on my own and once I'm home the TV keeps calling my name! but I've come a long way and I'm not giving up! I can do this!!!
  • lcassesa
    lcassesa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. i'm 5'3" and 124 lbs. Last summer i was 138 so i've come a long way. But i totally hear you. I lose 2 lbs and it looks like more b/c i'm soooo short. I would love to get down to 116. but for now i'm taking baby steps and aiming for 121. Almost there.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and currently 124.5. (164 at my heaviest and 116 at my lightest.) Trying to get to my ultimate goal weight of 105. Add me if you like. :)
  • kaitymayo
    Options
    laurajd28: try to get in at least 30 minutes of cardio every day it should help. Also 1200 calories is right, that's what I'm at. Just have to be patient it takes time.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5ft 4" and currently 122lbs, looking to get to 115lbs - I would also love to have more friends with similar body types, or anyone who's already under 115lbs so I can see how it's done! Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • mamnboston
    Options
    Hey there:

I'm 5'4 and 125 pounds (five pounds over my ideal weight) and I feel like everything is skin tight...I know what you mean, even one pound seems like ten on a smaller frame.

I'm pulling for all you girls, stay focus and keep your eye on the prize!

Michelle:smile:
  • mandyP79
    mandyP79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you about every little pound showing. I am 4"10 and over 130lbs but not for long! I am working hard to get back to my 100lb body! Hopefully less than that because at my height anything over 100lbs looks like too much. Not only is it hard to find clothes in the correct sizes as far as weight but us petites have a hard time finding clothes that are not too long. Shopping for clothes can be frustrating and time consuming for us petites.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have to get every pair of pants taken up, doesn't quite look right, and at $15 a pop makes shopping a bit more expensive!

By the way, wait till you get pregnant (assuming you haven't already been) shopping for maternity clothes is hell! I guess petite women aren't thought to get pregnant :/
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9 and 97 lbs. People usually think I weigh between 110-115.
  • acrossthesea_
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 135!
  • doinitforme2012
    doinitforme2012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1" on a tall day, but i'm close to 160, looking to lose about 15-20 pounds and tone up. add me if you like.
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    I'm 5"1 and 103 pounds. Yesss i know it may seem that I'm already at a goal weight but I'm really not! I have problem areas like EVERYWHERE. Belly pooch...flabby arms :( I'm hoping to slim down to about 92 pounds!

Add me :)
  • SimplyArij
    SimplyArij Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5ft2 and 120lbs!!

I go to the gym 2 or 3 times per week, burning around 500 calories each time (treadmill, rowing, stepper), but my weight just won't budge at all :(
    I'm also making extra effort to drink more water as I was drinking hardly any before, but now I'm up to about 1.5litres per day.

I'm going to start filling in my food diary again as I became so de-motivated that I just gave up with it.
    My calories are set at 1200 per day, does that sound about right?

Is there anything else that I could be doing to help kick-start the weight loss?

Any tips or advice would be fab!!!

Laura :)

Have you tried a cleansing diet or Cleansing pills? A few years ago I got stuck the way you are describing. I went on a 30 day regime and the pounds started melting at the same rate I was seeing before.

I just joined MFP- add me if you would like to compare notes! :)

-Arij
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    5 foot 3 and 117 pounds! trying to get more cut!