drinking water gives me headaches?

Options
i have started drinking more water as i usually drink 1 or 2 glasses a day i decided to drink more as they say it helps with weight loss so i upped it to 6 glasses a day. for the past 2 days of doing that i have very bad headaches.
i have had headaches from not drinking enough but never from drinking more.
anyone know what this is or if you have had it as well

Replies

• donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    Is the water replacing a caffeinated beverage? If you are giving up tea/coffee/coke for water your headache is due to caffeine withdrawal...good luck
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Did you replace something that was caffeinated with the water? Could be caffeine withdrawal.
  • wendywoolley
    Options
    Is the water replacing a caffeinated beverage? If you are giving up tea/coffee/coke for water your headache is due to caffeine withdrawal...good luck
    i am using it to replace my craving for sweet things when i get the urge i drink a glass of water will that do it
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Maybe you are detoxing from the sweets.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It gave me headaches the first few days I upped my water too, but I was replacing caffeinated drinks with the water. Now I only have coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day and the headaches finally went away until I recently gave up sugar and now the headaches are back but I'm on day 3 and no headache so I think the withdrawals are about over :happy:
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You can have headaches from caffeine withdrawal, but I think sugar withdrawal will do it, too.