I broke my toe!

Options
So I just started exercising again finally and I broke my toe yesterday! (Just my luck!) I was walking 5 miles at a fast pace....now I don't know what to do because it hurts too much to walk that far...any ideas???

Replies

• butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i did that on my birthday..give it a day and you should be able to walk on it tomorrow and put alot of ice on it...
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Ouch!! I did that last year. I dropped my laptop on my pinky toe!! It was horrible! :sick:

I had to take a few days off from even walking! Then I used the elliptical which hurt at first!) and swam. It took a good 6 weeks to heal.

Hope it feels better soon!
  • bikker59
    bikker59 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It depends on what toe and where you broke it. I broke my baby toe, but it was half way up my foot, (the long part of the toe bone) but be careful, because while it seems not too serious, you can injure other parts, knees, ankles, etc. because you are not walking properly. I did the recumbent bike during that time, still got a good workout. It hurt so bad.. Hope it feels better soon... It has been just about 10 weeks for me.. I still get a little pain if I do really high impact... :ohwell:
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous.

A year and a half ago I broke my ankle, resulting in a change in my stride, resulting in a hip fracture, resulting in another change in my stride/stance, and now I'm working on trying to heal my third small fracture in my shin...same leg. And I'm not even 28 yet...

Sigh...I'd give anything for a broken toe! :grumble:
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sorry! Didn't mean to sound so whiney :tongue:
  • bikker59
    bikker59 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have had a tough time with your ankle. I broke mine two years ago (7-22-07) (tri mal fracture) needed surgery, 2 plates, about 7 screws..and have healed fine. It was about 18 months before I felt truly healed, then a few months later I slip on a curb and break my toe..
    The only time my ankle is irritating is when we are about ready to get a change in weather..and rain is coming in.
    I hope it gets better for you, I was 48 when I broke my ankle, but I healed really fast, and I did exactly what my doc said.. who is an amazing orthopedic surgeon...and cute too!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: