Before & After (almost there)

Options
MissCheese
MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
Hello all,

Have never done a before and after series before but as I'm feeling so good about where I am right now I thought I'd share. I still have 13 lbs to go so not quite there yet. I just hope others see this as an inspiration, after all we are here to help each other.

My Stats (Nov 2011)
Height: 5ft 3.5in
Weight: 184lbs
Bra Size: 38F
Clothes Size: 18 (UK)

My Stats (April 2012)
Height: 5ft 3.5in (If only this would increase by an inch LOL)
Weight: 146lbs
Bra Size: 36DD
Clothes Size: 12 (UK)

I have very few pictures of me beforehand as I was just so horrified by how large I had become. I used to be a very slim 117lbs and very fit and healthy but developed an alcohol problem in 2008 and have steadily gained since then. I am now in recovery and have been sober since Nov 7 2011. My goal is to just be healthy, eat well balanced meals all home prepared, exercise in moderation (previously I had to exercise like a mad woman to maintain my low weight and I no longer what to do that), and stay sober. I lost my partner of nearly 12 years due to the drinking, weight gain and depression. I am loving my life at the moment, my depression is clearing and I think I see a positive happy future. To say the last few years have been hard is an undertstatement!

Anyway sorry for the ramble, here are some before pictures from April 2011:

2011AprilSitaVisit4.jpg

2011AprilSitaVisit5.jpg

2011AprilSitaVisit7.jpg

And some recent pictures, again I'm not a fan of pictures of me so there are few to choose from lol:

IMG_0438-2.jpg
Not the best outfit to show off a new figure but the trousers are a UK 12!

IMG_3485.jpg
Much slimmer cheeks and no chin!

Good luck to all.

Replies

• sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congatultions on your healthy choices and your wonderful results!
  • mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! Might I also say that your Whippets(?) are beautiful (I own italian greyhounds).
  • TweetyRC
    TweetyRC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look great and you should be so proud of your accomplishments!
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Really awesome!! Thank you for posting
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself and how far you have come. Congrats on all your accomplishments!!!!:smile:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on beating your addiction!! It's a daily process that will never leave you but it does get easier with time, trust me, I know. Now.... considering your new "addiction". ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That feeling of pride is indescribable isn't it? You should feel very proud of yourself, you've done a good thing for yourself, keep it up!!!
  • Mojofiendish
    Options
    Wow on so many fronts. It's hard enough just trying to lose weight without the other stuff. It just goes to show what an amazingly strong person you really are. You are beautiful on the outside and inside and there's no doubt that happier times are waiting to greet you with open arms. Good luck with the remaining weight loss and the trials that life throws your way. Never give up and never under-estimate what you can achieve. x
  • MissCheese
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • MissCheese
    Options
    Whoopsy.
  • MissCheese
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great! Might I also say that your Whippets(?) are beautiful (I own italian greyhounds).

My boys are my life and you are correct they are Whippets. They have been great therapy for my depression, forcing me to get up and out when I really didn't want to face the world. We do lots of fun stuff together, like Lure Coursing, which has introduced me to a new circle of friends.

I've never met an IG before but they look so sweet.
  • MissCheese
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on beating your addiction!! It's a daily process that will never leave you but it does get easier with time, trust me, I know. Now.... considering your new "addiction". ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That feeling of pride is indescribable isn't it? You should feel very proud of yourself, you've done a good thing for yourself, keep it up!!!

Thank you! I do feel very proud of myself. I do think with addictions that you will never succeed until you yourself are ready. My doctor tried to get me to stop for a few years but I just wasn't ready. When I finally was my detox went quite smoothly and I now concentrate on being healthy rather than my alcohol obsession.
  • doberfan
    doberfan Posts: 33
    Options
    So many battles you have taken on and winning! A big congratulations!! I wish you continued health and success.
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    Amazing story and so inspired. I'm sure your "boys" love running around with the new healthy you. Well done and I wish you continued success and much happiness. :happy:
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you for sharing..and keep up the EXCELLENT work....
    BTW...loving that baby and dogs in pic!!
  • MissCheese
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you for sharing..and keep up the EXCELLENT work....
    BTW...loving that baby and dogs in pic!!

Thank you, she is my most adorable 9 year old half sister who I love to pieces.
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    congrats on staying sober, trust me i know how hard that is , and i wish you the best of luck on this continuous journey
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!