Best CDs to work out to...

Options
What CDs would you recommend working out to?
I like Eminem (especially for weight lifting), P!ink (her Greatest Hits is great for cardio), Fergie's solo album is great as well, Madonna of course... but I'm also into stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, Hole, etc...

I'm basically looking for CDs that are almost entirely good for working out... I need new music in my Ipod!

What is your top 5?

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    What's a CD? (i kid, i kid)

I like Passion Pit, Foster the People, Mates of State for quick cardio/lifting. Goat Rodeo Sessions and Mumford and Sons are my fave for recovery runs/easy rides.
  • Justapartyofone
    Options
    Anything with Barry Manilow.
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like some of the faster Kelly Clarkson songs, Stronger is one of my newer favorites. As well as Flyleaf and Skillet, Carrie Underwood.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    The soundtrack from "Run, Lola, Run" is good. I'll also listen to Dire Straits from time to time or any of what is now called "classic rock" (! I grew up with it, it can't be "classic!", I'M NOT OLD. Oh.. wait...)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like black eyed peas various, Eminem a few songs Till I drop is one of my favorite some Pink, Rihanna some Madonna even a wide variety go to you tube and search cardio songs will give you some nice ideas along with a few minutes of playing time of the song.
  • jml1964
    jml1964 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not CD but...you might like to listen to Pandora while working out. Currently I have been listening to the 80s Cardio station a lot. Good variety, but sometimes the wifi at my gym is flaky.
  • Fernze
    Fernze Posts: 7
    Options
    today i was listening to 'Noisia - Split the Atom'

Hard hitting, big beats..
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    disturbed is great for working out....

it always gets me pumped
  • InIt2WinIt
    Options
    I listen to a mixture of songs to include rock & R&B! I love 90's rock, such as, STP & Jimmy Eat World. I also throw in some Gospel jams, provided they have good beats that I would dance to normally. I listen to Beyonce "Run The World" is a great one, but for whole cds I don't know -- I have 3 different workout playlists on my phone that I listen to while doing cardio and mostly listen to rock when doing strength!
  • shelbyterry5
    shelbyterry5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Skrillex, nicki manaj, cool down alanis morisette
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, will check these out tonight :D