Any brides-to-be out there?

Options

Replies

• luckygirl111
    Options
    My wedding is set for September 1st of this year, 143 days and counting! Let's all encourage each other! Feel free to add me!

I'm going to start doing more push ups and arm exercises to get my arms toned.

We can do this ladies!
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    wow I have 4 weeks... YIKES May 14 for me and we will be heading to Las Vegas!!!!!! I can't wait to get a vacation from work and to marry the love of my life!

Anyone please feel free to add me :)
  • bee1248
    bee1248 Posts: 27
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you ladies!!

My fiancé and I have been engaged for 6 months. And just booked our date over the weekend! We are anxiously seating out July 2013 wedding!

I started my weightloss journey at the beginning of the year and have lost about 30 pounds so far. I'm hoping to lose another thirty by September.

:)
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Yay to all us brides to be!!!! I'm getting married in Jamaica May 8th - we're leaving on the 4th, 23 days!!!! I got to my goal weight, but still working on the toning. The last week or so with the easter holiday, I've been slacking off & desperately need to get back to my Jillian Micheal dvds. I love her workouts, definately recommend any of them. My favorites are Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack abs.
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    Congrats all! My wedding date is Nov 3, 2012. I am trying to lose weight and tone up my upper body to look good in my dress! Good luck to everyone!
  • lilbrowngirlsj
    lilbrowngirlsj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have about 5 weeks before my wedding! YAY! My trainer has me doing dumbell rows with 5-8 pound weights, incline pushups, burpees, bicep curls and tricep curls for the arms :)
  • misslariss84
    misslariss84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am getting married in September 2012! I am trying to lose around 15 lbs. I have my dress, but it hasn't gone through alterations yet.

I'm doing the 30 day shred along with gym classes (pilates, kickboxing, spin, yoga). Not sure what I'll do after the 30 day shred is over in a week or so -- any recommendations for videos?
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    We're settled on October or November 2013 for our wedding. Add me if you want.
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    Im getting married in little under 7 weeks!!!! Final push is on!

X
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Getting married on May 26th of this year.... 40 days away!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congrats...

I am getting married June 16, 2012 ( 61 days to be exact). If you want to tone your upper body,,, PUSH-UPS/PULL UPS/CHAIR Dips and insanity!.... these have been dynamo for me...

Easy way to start.. is when watching tv at night.. do 5 pushups at every commercial break... do 5 regular, next set of commericals do 5 wide arms, then next 5 military, etc.. etc...
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    August this year for me! I hear ya, my dress hides my legs and the corset style shows my curves, but my arms severely need help in toning and slimming down. Help!
  • Tkester21
    Tkester21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am getting married September 22, 2012!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married January of 2014 (winter wedding!!! ^_^ ) And I'm doing P90X. *huaaaah buildin' muscle* #ipickthingsup #andputthemdown

If you like funny posts and blogs and such and you like to leave encouraging comments, you should friend me. ^_^ (I like comments)
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If you want to tone your upper body,,, PUSH-UPS/PULL UPS/CHAIR Dips and insanity!.... these have been dynamo for me...

Easy way to start.. is when watching tv at night.. do 5 pushups at every commercial break... do 5 regular, next set of commericals do 5 wide arms, then next 5 military, etc.. etc...

AWESOME advice! I like it. :)
  • krystle_swope
    Options
    Bride to be here. 5 months to go!

I definitely recommend tricep dips and pushups if you don't have access to a gym! the key is repetition! if you do have access to a gym, try the assisted pull up/chin up machine as well as the chest fly and chest press machines! I've got my arms on point after a few months of focusing on my arms :)
  • angieshow3
    angieshow3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow there are a good number of brides to be! I'm also a bride to be - getting married October 20th! In regards to overall toning there are lots of great programs. When I first started out I did p90x, and now I have found a routine that is really intense. In general I do push ups, dips, triceps extensions, skull curshers... nothing is out of the question.
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wow I have 4 weeks... YIKES May 14 for me and we will be heading to Las Vegas!!!!!! I can't wait to get a vacation from work and to marry the love of my life!

Anyone please feel free to add me :)

I got married in Vegas, soooo much fun!! ENJOY!!! What chapel did you choose?
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Newly engaged as of April 3, no date set yet. Congratulations everyone!
  • yvonnedevlin
    yvonnedevlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Getting married September 2012

I lost 18 lbs last year quickly and then plateaued - it got so discouraging that at Xmas I binged and although people tell me I look like I've lost weight, I'm actually about 6 lbs heavier now. I'm more muscular though now and am far fitter which is obviously good.

My plan now is that I've got some decent running shoes, is to run 2-3 times a week, building up to running 8km continuously, in addition to the 3 hard cardio workouts I do weekly, and add more pushups and weights.

And to keep telling myself that this is my "last" whatever: Its worked so far for sweet scones.

Well done anyone who's losing weight! Its so much harder to go over the line than I thought it would be.