Little help counting callories

Options
Hey guys me and a friend of mine are chatting about how many callories has each thing
He said:

Uhm. Well yesterday for lunch I had half a chicken sandwich, a tomato and banana pepper salad with half a tablespoon of olive oil, and a little trail mix. About 380 calories.

I disagree with him about the 380 calories as it would be a bit more than that, i would say it's about 600cals, but i need a second opinion
what do you guys think?
Cheers

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I would say the chicken sandwich and trail mix alone were about that...if the sandwich was dry and no cheese either... I would guess between 400-500....
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    I would say the chicken sandwich and trail mix alone were about that...if the sandwich was dry and no cheese either... I would guess between 400-500....
    but dont forget it's half sandwish
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'm sorry, when you said you wanted to chat about weight loss and fitness I thought you meant you wanted to chat, not tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or what I'm eating. And then bring it onto the forum without telling me prior.

I have nothing to prove, and am now going to ignore this. But my lunch was 380 calories. I counted and measured, and I know what it is I ate.

Wish you the best.

:flowerforyou:

Oh, and by the way. I'm a female. =)
  • Saken
    Options
    I'm sorry, when you said you wanted to chat about weight loss and fitness I thought you meant you wanted to chat, not tell me I don't know what I'm talking about or what I'm eating. And then bring it onto the forum without telling me prior.

I have nothing to prove, and am now going to ignore this. But my lunch was 380 calories. I counted and measured, and I know what it is I ate.

Wish you the best.

yes i know that you are a female i put "he" because i didnt want anyone to suspect, but here ya go... keep follwing this topic and it will answer the question to "why is it so hard to loose thos 40lbs"
    i was trying to show you that you are counting the callories the wrong way, but heck!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'd say let her worry about what she's eating, and you worry about what you're eating. It could easily be 380 calories or 600 calories depending on the type / amount of mayo used, how much trail mix, etc.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Wish you the best.

carrie darliing........you know your stuff from being on here for so long.

Hugs girl:smooched:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Wish you the best.

yes i know that you are a female i put "he" because i didnt want anyone to suspect, but here ya go... keep follwing this topic and it will answer the question to "why is it so hard to loose thos 40lbs"
    i was trying to show you that you are counting the callories the wrong way, but heck!

Hey dude, lay off. PMs are just that PERSONAL messages. Forum rules dictate that you do not talk abou PMs in the threads.

jeez man.........what do you care if she ate 380 or 600? she didnt fix YOU lunch did she??

Play nice:flowerforyou:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'd say let her worry about what she's eating, and you worry about what you're eating. It could easily be 380 calories or 600 calories depending on the type / amount of mayo used, how much trail mix, etc.

......not to mention the fact that *HE* has already lost the amount of weight *YOU* are working to lose..... I'm sure *HE* knows what he's talking about.

It's even worse that it was MSN chat dragged onto MFP boards..... have some class, and you will do fine here. *smile* Don't.... and people will get defensive and protective.
  • Saken
    Options
    alright i rest my case sorry for bring anything up.