Inspire Me! Share your non-scale related goals!

Options
So I'm super inspired by all my amazing MFP friends. They eat so clean and train so dirty!! :wink: I love hearing about other people's goals, so please share, and let's all be inspired today!!

I'll start off, I suppose....Some of my goals I have reached, and others are in the somewhat distant horizon....

Do 3 sets of 30 (boy-style) push-ups..(accomplished)
Be brave enough to wear tanks and shorts in the sweltering summer heat (accomplished)
Do 1 set of 8 body-weight chin-ups--you know, the wide grip military-kind...(not even close, but I'm hoping by the end of 2012)
Retrieve my 25" waist and my 6-pack abs that I stupidly "gave up on" after having 2 kids...(again, not that close, but by end of 2012)
Be cellulite-free...period (not too far away on this one...I'll get there)
Bikini...(someday)

OK, enough about mine!! What are YOURS?? Do you want to run a mile? Climb a mountain? Start lifting weights? Go a month without chocolate? :noway: Squat 300 lbs? Compete in a 5K, 10K, marathon? Enter a Warrior Dash or a Tough Mudder?? Share!!

Come on! Spill it!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    To have a flat stomach.
    To bench 135.
    To have visible muscle without flexing.
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    To eat healthier and complete a 5 mile open water swim :D
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i want to need to buy a new belt! was close to using the last notch and am now using one closer to the beginning than the end! still a ways (or is it weighs?) to go before i need a new one, but i am hoping.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My goals are to be able to get into a bikini and feel great and not like I am the fat girl stuffing herself into a two piece with my muffin top and everything else hanging out! -getting there and as long as I keep up my habits now I will get therr by lake season next month

Get toned and have less excess skin and fat in the arms, stomach and thigh area - working on and should be there in a month or two if I keep up at the gym, main reason why I joined a gym this week, my home exercises just weren't cutting it anymore

Wear shorts without my thighs constantly rubbing together and feeling as though my thighs are too big to be in shorts, thats why I lived in capri last summer and spring - working on it and hoping to be there before it gets too terribly hot

Just overall feeling great and healthy -achieved!

This has been the best journey and I'm proud of myself for sticking to it and I dont think I would have made it this far had it not been fpr MFP and the support system it creates and tracking my food and weigh ins to help keep.me focused, accountable and deteremined to succeed!
  • Livingbalanced
    Livingbalanced Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    To get back into my Levis that make my hunny drool and make me check myself out! ;)
  • Seabreeze78
    Options
    - join the gym & get a personal trainer (accomplished March 21st)
    - to be able to wear a swimsuit without the skirted bottom (working on it, and hard)
    - to join my friends when they go on vacation down south (next April for sure!)
  • margaretbrooks
    Options
    To wear a bikini this summer! Without shorts or tank tops hiding it
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Be comfortable in a two piece again (hopefully before my summer trip to Florida with my friends)
    Have a flat stomach
    Run 20 minutes without stopping (accomplished)

Great job all you awesome MFP'ers! :drinker:
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot another one...to be hard enough to bounce a quarter off my bum, but soft enough that my kids still wanna use me as their pillow! :laugh:

I :heart: ALL of these!! Awesome goals guys!!
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1. To have a flat stomach (4-6pk preferrably lol)
    2. wear a bikini (need #1 first)
    3. Run a 5k
  • Runs4CupCakes
    Options
    1: fit in those shorts i bought three years back that are hanging on my wall
    2: look good in a bikkni
    3:have a mile faster then my hubbs
    4: feel hott :)
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    1. Kick butt toned and muscled arms.
    2. 3 min plank (I'm at 2:20 today!)
    3. Lose the cellulite!
    4. Drop 20 lbs of fat!
    5. Row: 50# DB's (I'm at 25#)
    Feel comfortable in a pair of shorts and tank top this summer at home and next spring in Hawaii! :glasses:
  • thistimeismytime
    Options
    3. Lose the cellulite!
    4. Drop 20 lbs of fat!
    Feel comfortable in a pair of shorts and tank top this summer at home and next spring in Hawaii! :glasses:

Whoop! 50 lb dumbbell rows!!! Can I come watch the reaction of the guys at your gym when you bust out the FIFTIES?!?!? Cuz it's sure to be priceless!! Go girl!
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    finish my 12 week trainer that I'm working on (on week 2 now)
    I have a whole box of size 10 or less clothes I can't wait to fit into!
    not feel the need to suck in my stomach
    I want to someday run a full marathon
    I want to have noticeable muscles to the general public ( I hope that makes sense to you!)
    move the weights up after a "big boy" gets off a machine :)
    I do have a weight # and body fat % goal, but not saying it in this thread.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    1.) First weight loss goal - check!
    2.) Lose 5 lbs by end of April - pending
    3.) To clean out my closet of clothes that are too big - check!
    4.) To be able to call myself an athlete - check!
    5.) To stop over thinking EVERYTHING - pending
    6.) Go shopping for some super cute summer clothes that fit my new body - pending
    7.) First "official" 1/2 marathon complete with medal, race bib and cheesy tshirt - This Sunday
    8.) First Spartan Sprint - This June
    9.) To accept a compliment without having to give an explanation or belittle what I have done - pending
    10.) Get my fitness instructor certificate - pending
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Let's see:
    1. Walk a 12 minute mile
    2. 10,000m on the rowing machine (topped at 6000m now)
    3. Do 100 full pushups (got a ways to go, I can maybe do 2, around 60-70 or so on a wall, knees or an incline)
    4. Finish 200 squats program (home stretch, in the last few workouts, when I can fit them in)
    5. do a chin-up
    6. walk around the Lake -- it is about 5k in 45 minutes (56 right now)
    7. deadlift my body weight (hmm I am at around 80# at the moment)
    8. short term, wear a size 14 (I am 16-18 right now)
    9. long term, wear a size 10ish
    10. Have leg definition. with the outer thigh split/defined quads
    11. have toned arms (Michele Obama arms work for me)
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    -My main goal right now is to run the entire 5k Rugged Maniac race in May. I never ran before I purchased my race ticket in February. I hope to get there in time. :)

-To have sexy abs

-I have been saving a gift card I received for Christmas until I was down to a size 9...cant wait to go shopping!

-To enjoy running

-defined arms
  • thistimeismytime
    Options
    :happy:
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP my goals were to lose 25 to 30 pounds, get my six pack back, wear my bikini and summer clothes comfortably again and to look in the mirror and love what I see. I also wanted to be rid of that urge to binge! I am so happy to say I have almost accomplished my goals. I am down to 131 pounds now (originally had 120 to 125 as goal). I am quite happy here but know I probably need that last 6 pounds off to be rid of the last of the cellulite. I have clothes varying from size 2 to size 6 now depending on the store and love that every piece of clothing I own fits or is too big. I almost have my six pack back....more like a four but getting close. I wore three different bikinis on our holiday in Arizona and wasn't self conscious yay. I look in the mirror now and truly like what I see....I am close to love but not quite there yet. So...I guess what I am trying to say is that it can be done! If a 43 year old mother of three boys 17, 15 and 4 that is peri-menopausal with a super slow metabolism and barely any extra time in my life can do it.....then so can you! As they say on this season of the Biggest Loser, "NO EXCUSES"! Let's do it together. I am here to support my amazing MFP friends and need their continued support as well! good luck reaching your goals....enjoy the journey to be the best you ever!!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    3. Lose the cellulite!
    4. Drop 20 lbs of fat!

Whoop! 50 lb dumbbell rows!!! Can I come watch the reaction of the guys at your gym when you bust out the FIFTIES?!?!? Cuz it's sure to be priceless!! Go girl!

I work out at home. I'll have to visit your gym when I master the 50# rows! It's so going to happen! :bigsmile: