What scales does everyone use?

Options
Hi all

Ive had a bit of a bummer today, been tracking weight loss at home on digital scales, then got weighed at gym and it recorded as 1 stone 3lbs heavier than I weighed at home today. I'm so confused and upset I don't understand!!

My question is, what does everyone weigh themselves with? Gym or at home? Wii fit? Digital or not digital? And what makes and models?

Any advice appreciated x

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i have been using a EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom scale. you can get it on amazon and has great reviews
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I just hang myself on a meat hook. I weigh "twenty four striped bass"
  • toliver1970
    toliver1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The only thing that matters is that you weigh on the same scale, at aproximately the same time of day, with the same amount of clothing on. Every scale could be a little different, but as long as you are weighing on the same one, you get a good picture of your true weight.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I now have a ConAir digital. I hate it because it tells me I'm 14# heavier than my old spring scale. :P
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    I use home scales weight watchers digital they measure the hydration level body fat ect. Mine stay in one place I never move them and never change the surface they are sat on to avoid any misreading, always wear similar clothing.

Weight Watchers 8991BU Precision Body Analyser Electronic Scale
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i have been using a EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom scale. you can get it on amazon and has great reviews

I just bought this one, too. I also have a regular dial scale that was really hard to read b/c the lines were so close together (or maybe I'm getting older and need glasses :wink: ) and they both say the same weight.
  • Abelders
    Abelders Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use the wii fit as my scale
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    This :)

The only thing that matters is that you weigh on the same scale, at aproximately the same time of day, with the same amount of clothing on. Every scale could be a little different, but as long as you are weighing on the same one, you get a good picture of your true weight.
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options

agree with this, i use weightwatchers scales and that measures, body fat, percentage of water as well and bmi
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    I have one of those doctors scales here at home but even mine and the drs office scale differs. I never trusted the digital ones. I guess its your preference as long as you weigh yourself on the same scale. Good luck and dont get discouraged. Eat healthy and excersice. You will lose the weight. I lost 90lbs a few years ago they it crept back after I stopped working so now Im doing it again the right way. I have lost 21 lbs since january 1st and dont starve myself. Just careful about what I put in.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself on the scale at the gym. It is within 1/2 lb. of my doctor's scale, and gives me a consistent measure.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I have a cheap Taylor brand digital scale that gives weight, body fat % and water %. I've had it for a few weeks and I like it. It was just $30 at Target.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use an Eat Smart scale and love it. But yeah, you can't weigh yourself using several different scales. Pick one and stick with it. Bathroom scales aren't precision instruments, almost every single one is going to give you a slightly different number.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i use the eatsmart it matches the weight watchers scale when i have to go weigh in monthly. its easy no tapping just step on.
  • SirBeechBum
    Options

This is your absolute best bet.

I use the “Omron HBF-514”. This scale uses six body sensors and measures your Weight, BMI, Body Fat Percentage, Skeletal Muscle Percentage, Resting Metabolism, Body Age, and Visceral Fat. I got it for $65 on Amazon a couple of months ago. Good luck on your journey!
    SmileyGoodLuck.gif
  • coombsy87
    coombsy87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks all I appreciate it!