So tired........

Options
chris1529
chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
I am so tired lately and can't stand it! I seriously need more energy! Is there anything that is natural and healthy that you know of that WILL give me more energy? I thought about having my thyroid checked as well. I also don't get much sleep at night. But I would like to take a supplement that is safe, natural, and healthy. Something that will give me more energy! I'm actually starting to feel weak as well. I've been working out but can't really do to much cause I get out of breath so fast.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would let the Doctor know and let him advise you. You have to be really careful with over the counter herbs. I took St Johns Wort and was allergic.
  • Hollyjanebrown
    Options
    try some B 12,
    and drink a lot of water - I find being dehydrated makes me tired and then I drink coffee - which compounds the problem.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You might want to go to the doctor and take some tests. That doesn't t sound normal. Be advised that any advice above that could be hazardous to your health.
  • chris1529
    Options
    Maybe I will try some B vitamins. I plan on getting my thyroid checked soon. I heard that that can make you tired a lot. I just need some energy, I'm sick of being tired! Maybe I just need to get more sleep too lol.
  • chris1529
    Options
    try some B 12,
    and drink a lot of water - I find being dehydrated makes me tired and then I drink coffee - which compounds the problem.

You know, I probably don't drink enough water and I also drink coffee. I always thought that coffee would give me energy though.
  • kuhndog61
    kuhndog61 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You need to be checked out! Shortness of breath and fatigue could be cardiac related!!!! Don't wait, please.
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting per night? There is nothing that will substitute for a good night's sleep.
  • tananichelle
    tananichelle Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this:

http://www.sourceoflife.com/products/product_details.asp?productNumber=30595&criteria=keyword...

I drink one every morning for breakfast. Throw some fruit in there, maybe a teaspoon or two of raw cacao... Mmmm...

Also, make sure you're hydrated. And see a doc soon if it continues. :ohwell:
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am always tired and just get the standard chronic fatigue from docs.

I have upped my b-12 and that has helped....not as much as I would like, but there is a difference.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I've been aound these parts for a minute......I'm going out on a limb here......you probably aren't eating enough. You've probably set your goals too agressively.

I don't know anything else about you, except you aren't getting enough sleep. That, combined with too restrictive of a diet will lead to fatigue.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How much sleep are you getting per night? There is nothing that will substitute for a good night's sleep.

Agree with this first and foremost! If you aren't getting at least 6 hours (most docs and experts say 8) then I would start there. If something is keeping you from sleeping then by all means check with doc. Also without going into your profile, depending on your age you have a lot of symptoms of lower levels of testosterone, so if you do go to a doc I would have them check that as well. Pretty common for men once they hit 30's to show lowever levels.
    Of course I am also assuming Chris is the guy in the pic, not the girl LOL sorry if I made a mistake :)
  • chris1529
    Options
    You need to be checked out! Shortness of breath and fatigue could be cardiac related!!!! Don't wait, please.

I only get short of breath while working out........ I am VERY out of shape lol.
  • chris1529
    Options

Agree with this first and foremost! If you aren't getting at least 6 hours (most docs and experts say 8) then I would start there. If something is keeping you from sleeping then by all means check with doc. Also without going into your profile, depending on your age you have a lot of symptoms of lower levels of testosterone, so if you do go to a doc I would have them check that as well. Pretty common for men once they hit 30's to show lowever levels.
    Of course I am also assuming Chris is the guy in the pic, not the girl LOL sorry if I made a mistake :)

LOL I'm the girl in the pic! The guy is my husband. :) And I'm 34. I'm thinking that it may be that I'm not getting enough sleep as a lot of you have said. I sleep with the tv on and wonder if that may be making it harder for me to get a good nights sleep. Anyways, I know that I am really out of shape also. So I'm hoping that with exercise and drinking more water than soda, maybe I will get back into shape. I was just wondering if there were any vitamins that have worked for anyone else that is tired a lot. I might try some B-12 vitamins.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    B-12 is about the best one I know of, (although it does nothing for me) also I did read an article in Men's Health once that you should turn off all electronic type devices TV, computer, notebooks, stuff like that 1 hour prior to sleep to ensure the best sleep. No proof or research just one "experts" opinion LOL

P.S. glad i asked the gender question, that would have been bad LOL
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I am so tired lately and can't stand it! I seriously need more energy! Is there anything that is natural and healthy that you know of that WILL give me more energy? I thought about having my thyroid checked as well. I also don't get much sleep at night. But I would like to take a supplement that is safe, natural, and healthy. Something that will give me more energy! I'm actually starting to feel weak as well. I've been working out but can't really do to much cause I get out of breath so fast.

Personal question but are you on the pill? When I was on the pill I was exhausted all the time. I would nap for 3 hours on the weekend and this was after getting 10 hours sleep. Some weekends I'd wake up and be so exhausted a few hours later I'd go back to bed. I literally had to drag myself out of bed to go to work in the mornings. I had gotten my thyroid checked and was told it was normal. It was very frustrating!

A year ago I went off it and within a month my exhaustion was gone. Right now the only time I actually nap is when I had a really bad nights sleep, got to bed really late and had to get up early, or I'm going to be staying out really late and I want to be energized.

I agree that you should talk to your doctor before you start taking supplements like the B-12 that someone here suggested and also get your thyroid checked however if you're on the pill that could be part of it.