looking for supportive & encouraging new friends

Options
Hi, my name is Raquel and I'm a 34 yr old, married, mother of 2 beautiful girls. I'm new to fitness pal, been tracking for about a week and decided to see who's out there also looking for some support & encouragement from someone other than family & friends, god love em', but unless you're battling weight loss I just don't think they truly understand what it's like for us carrying the weight and the challenge it is to lose it. Friend me if you like :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Luvin_m_e
    Options
    i am Nataly mother of 3 and trying to find some support
  • MsNelly72
    Options
    Hello. I'm a 39 year old mother of 2 and Im just getting started with MFP today!! I need to loose 30-40 lbs and I need motivation and accountability lol.
  • lorforde
    lorforde Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and a Mother to one fabulous boy!
    Need support too :)
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    32 and mother to one awesome Boston Terrier!! Started MFP about a month ago and am loving it so far!! Also looking for support and motivation!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants is more than welcome to add me as a friend! Welcome to MFP!!
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for over 95 days (MFP tells you every 5 days or I'd have no clue) and would love to help. Feel free to send friend requests but be warned.. I don't take myself or anything else too seriously and I love to laugh (check out my blog if you're looking for my "style")... ;)
  • mari6923
    mari6923 Posts: 21
    Options
    feel free to add me, always looking for support :)
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    HI and welcome! I am a 38yo mom to my DS who is 7 and loves sports. I have about 75lbs to lose!

I have some awesome friends on here but could always use more.

Add if you would like.

Best of luck on this journey :)
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have a 7 year old little man. Anyone fee free to add me for support and motivation. Oh I forgot to mention I have about 82 more pounds to lose.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Also a mother of 2 (21 months and 3 1/2 years)! Like you, I am looking for more friends, too give as well as get support from! :bigsmile:

Friend request sent...any others similar to myself please feel free to send me a friend request, too--I'm always looking for more people to share with and get/give advice on this weight loss journey!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Jennifer, 35,and I also am looking for some more support & encouragement. Anyone of you can friend me. I need all the help I can get. I just started this a week ago and would like to lose about 60lbs. Good Luck to us all. :happy:
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I am a 44 year old mother of 4. I am new to mfp and would love the added support of new friends. We all need that extra encouragement at times. Feel free to add me and let's go through this life journey together
  • Louise5152
    Options
    Hi, my name is Raquel and I'm a 34 yr old, married, mother of 2 beautiful girls. I'm new to fitness pal, been tracking for about a week and decided to see who's out there also looking for some support & encouragement from someone other than family & friends, god love em', but unless you're battling weight loss I just don't think they truly understand what it's like for us carrying the weight and the challenge it is to lose it. Friend me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • Louise5152
    Options
    oops, can you tell i'm new to this, my name's Louise, i know where you're coming from regarding family and friends, i desperately want to lose a stone, i look ok but i'm not happy with myself and it doesn't help when people always say go on have a bit more you don't need to lose weight, sounds like we're on the same wavelength so i'll send you a friend request :)
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, love to meet new friends and encourage one another along this new journey called "lifestyle modification". :)
    I've been on MFP since October, and have shed close to 36 pounds. It definitely works!
  • spanishshal
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I joined yesterday but feeling positive and like it lots allready.Im 38 and a mum to two boys.I have a lot of lbs to lose and its going to be a long journey.
    I work full time and Im trying my best to do more exercise.I like a good laugh and dont take things too seriously.
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm new this week! I'm 38 single mother of my 18 year old son! Ohhhh and 100 + pounds to lose. I would like all the help I can get so I can get off the diet rollercoaster!! Friends welcome!!!
  • kailimae
    kailimae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Love your idea- I too am looking for more friends and support. Accountability seems to be my weakness so this time around I'm trying to solicate more external support. I've lost 40 lbs on my journey (ultimate goal is to lose 80lb), but keep hitting a wall at the 50 lbs mark and have been juggling these current 10 lbs for longer than I care to admit. Desperately want to get past this barrier, so I'm focused and ready!

Please feel free to add me- and yell at me if I'm not tracking!!! :)

Oh... and no human children, but one amazing lab/whippet mix rules my world.