NSV - Cholesterol

Options
Recently, my parents have been diagnosed with some pretty unfortunate health issues so I've been on a quest to get healthy and stay healthy. I had my annual blood work done and got the results this morning. My cholesterol dropped 27 points! Total: 131. I have never been this healthy in my life, not even as a child! It's never too early or too late to take control of your health!

Replies

• flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    bump
  • tmbaker03
    tmbaker03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome! I'm currently working on lowering my cholesterol as well. I refuse to take any medication and I know I can do with with some hard work and eating right. WTG!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • damnedlady
    damnedlady Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great news! Congratulations on work done and health achieved :)
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's what prompted me too to join and lose weight. My doctor told me I have 4 months to drop my cholesterol or else I go on meds. So I have until June to do it. Good for you, that's awesome!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. got to love results like that
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well done, you! That's awesome news!
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Many people thing younger folks can't have high cholesterol but it's a common misconception. Cheers to health!
  • Jackieb301
    Jackieb301 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's what prompted me too to join and lose weight. My doctor told me I have 4 months to drop my cholesterol or else I go on meds. So I have until June to do it. Good for you, that's awesome!
    Great job, OP! And you can do this too. I did! Oatmeal every morning, less cholesterol consumed overall (meat and dairy), fish oil capsules daily....my cholesterol dropped 60 POINTS in 4 months.... it CAN be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!