45lbs (with pics)

Options
laineyluma
laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
Hi everyone I am nervous about posting but today I hit the half way mark :smooched:

I know everyone is more interested in pictures than the text but I'm going to write it in case someone wants to read it.

I was extremely tiny my whole life I struggled with anorexia into my teens and then I recovered and was at a stable 120 lbs until I became pregnant with my son. I gained over 100 lbs and got to 227 after having him. I was sick to look in the mirror everyday and I was terrified I was going to fall back into old habits. So i sat around at 227 lbs for almost 2 years and did nothing for fear of becoming obsessed in the "bad" way. I stopped running and playing tennis. Then one day I told myself I was going to be healthy and fit again. So I searched through the apps on my blackberry for calorie counters. On August the 30th of 2011 is when I started this journey and I am so thankful to ALL my MFP friends who have helped me along the way. I know do zumba 3x a week, boxing, I can RUN again and I can have fun with my son without getting winded. I still have a LONG way to go but I know it is possible with hard work and dedication.

So, here are the pics as promised!

Before:
Easter of 2011
10625934_4925.jpg

Side by side:
10625934_6289.jpg

Replies

• Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
    Keep up the good work :)
  • laineyluma
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!!!!!!!!! Great job!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Awesome job
  • mstorales
    Options
    How awesome! Keep it going!:smile:
  • laineyluma
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your success! Must feel great. :flowerforyou:
  • joann4q
    joann4q Posts: 10
    Options
    congratulations keep up the good work!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I love how you can play with your son and not get winded! He probably does too... :happy:

Congrats on your progress so far and keep going!
  • kemccullough78
    Options
    Congratulations!!! So inspiring!!!
  • cremebellacreme
    Options
    CONGRATS! You look great! Keep up the good work
  • omotomi
    omotomi Posts: 11
    Options
    grat job,u look great
  • kathyloving
    kathyloving Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your story touched my heart.... I am so glad you did not fall back to the "bad habits" of your high school days. WAY TO GO GIRL!!! You truly are amazing... inside and out!! Keep up the good work... You inspire me!!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good girl!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Either extreme is bad. Set a desirable weight and move to it .. slowly and methodically. You are doing this very well. When you know you are at your mid point of your IBW... stop and focus on exercise and weight maintenance. You are a beautiful person... Keep up the good work.... BALANCE in all things.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    great job especially making sure you did it the healthy way which i'm sure was very hard to do. you must feel like your on top of the moon right now !?! i know i would be. good luck in reaching your goal. :happy:
  • mobygrl49
    Options
    Great Job......and might I say your dark hair looks so much better.
  • quianabenson
    quianabenson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good job, makes me feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel!
  • schillingermona
    Options
    great job.now that gives me motive turning 45 tomorrow at 170lbs.im bottom heavy n i need all the help i can get.its not easy being on a roller coaster with my weight.ive been my heavyest at 200 n my smallest at 105.now that im older i would just like to be around 140 .n healthy .keep sending out your success it gives us something to strive for.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!