What is nut butter?

Options
2»

Replies

• nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's delicious! I prefer it served warm and gooey, myself, and I prefer to lick it all up. High in protein, too!

If your ever running out I know of a great vendor you can get some more from ..... and there's nothing like it when you help make a fresh batch

http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-make-nut-butters-recipe-cinnamon-walnut-butter/
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It's delicious! I prefer it served warm and gooey, myself, and I prefer to lick it all up. High in protein, too!

How YOU doin?
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a lot of it manufactured up!
  • msarazine
    msarazine Posts: 65
    Options
    Oh my.........
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    PEPE G.... she asked *sniker* a serious *sniker* question........ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    girls like?
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you'll probably don't want to know.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I put it in smoothies, dips, and once in a stir fry!! Usually nut butters are much less processed than Jif so they're a little bit more difficult to spread on sandwiches but if you have the patience, you can put it in anything you'd use peanut butter!

Jif is a household cleaning product* here in the UK... Guessing it's something else where you are?!

(* or was, it's Cif now)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Tube dispensation of nut butter will make a difference for some.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    It DOES NOT include peanut butter. Peanuts are a legume and are considered "dirty" in the food Nazi world. Nut butters is any butter made from a true nut like almond and hazelnut. I work with a nutritionist who has about beat me to death over peanut butter...she finally gave in and said it would be o.k. for me to eat chocolate almond butter.

In common parlance peanut is a nut. Even if it isn't. And your nutritionist sounds mean ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It DOES NOT include peanut butter. Peanuts are a legume and are considered "dirty" in the food Nazi world. Nut butters is any butter made from a true nut like almond and hazelnut. I work with a nutritionist who has about beat me to death over peanut butter...she finally gave in and said it would be o.k. for me to eat chocolate almond butter.
    In common parlance peanut is a nut. Even if it isn't. And your nutritionist sounds mean ;)
    Thank you!
  • leamj87
    leamj87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I put it in smoothies, dips, and once in a stir fry!! Usually nut butters are much less processed than Jif so they're a little bit more difficult to spread on sandwiches but if you have the patience, you can put it in anything you'd use peanut butter!

Jif is a household cleaning product* here in the UK... Guessing it's something else where you are?!

(* or was, it's Cif now)

Hahah it's a really popular brand of peanut butter here. It always has commercials of the perfect June Cleaver housewife dispensing it to her children with a little song that goes "choosy moms choose jif"
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

If your ever running out I know of a great vendor you can get some more from ..... and there's nothing like it when you help make a fresh batch
    I think it tastes better when I make my own!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

I think it tastes better when I make my own!!

Just like weight loss, it's the process that makes all the difference.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You can pick this brand up at Target. Comes in a couple of flavors and larger containers also. An extremely good source of energy before and after my long bike rides.

http://www.justinsnutbutter.com/
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options

And the US government considers pizza served with a certain amount of tomatoe sauce a vegetable, but in common parlance it is not. Also, I was paying her to get my diet on track not be my friend ;)