Ummm I dont know if I should continue with 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• samanthaspears
    samanthaspears Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It definitely gets easier. It hurts like hell at first but if you keep going the soreness will ease. Baths with epsom salts also help.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Keep going! It will get better! Do the warm up and cool downs twice! I was so sore the first 3 days it killed me to sit down to pee! You gotta push through it!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    If you are in pain you need to take a rest day. Being sore is one thing, being in major pain is a whole different. You might need to modify the moves and follow the beginner chick to start out.

I say this because I kept working through major pain in my ankles and ended up messing BOTH of them up for a while the first time I did the Shred. Being sore is a different ballgame than being in actual major pain. Make sure you listen to your body and can distinguish between the two.
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    jUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO GAVE ADVICE TO ME. I AM STILL SORE I DONT KNOW IF ITS PAIN OR SORENESS LOL LIKE I SAID I HAVE NEVER WORKED OUT LIKE THIS SO ITS ALL NEW TO THIS BIG GAL. I AM GOING TO STRETCH ALL DAY LONG TODAY AND DO DAY 3 OF 30DS TONIGHT YAYYYYYYYY I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I AM DETERMINED TO DO IT I JUST HATE THE SORENESS UGHHHHHHHH MY HUBBY IS LAUGHING AT ME BECAUSE I AM WALKING FUNNY LOL.
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    KEEP GOING!!! I was so sore I literally couldn't get off the toilet. But you get so much stronger and the soreness will just melt away if you push yourself. I know it sucks, but being out of shape sucks more.
  • GemmaChurley
    Options
    Keep going, I think we all go through what you are feeling. I am on day 11 of the 30 day shred and like other people who have posted on here, I felt pain on days 1 and 2 and now I feel pain today on workout 2. Its not pain as in pain but my muscles do ache. Like you I am determined to to get through this, I have tried before and laways given up but this time it is different. I want results and by the sounds of other posts it does work. I want to do the 30 day ripped nect so fingers crossed. Good luck.
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    so glad i found this thread! just started 30DS today (level 1 of course) and although i was feeling the burn, just reminding myself of all the great results i have read and seen on this site kept me going. I have no doubt that i will be sore, but i kinda like it! makes me feel i accomplished something, no matter how small of a step, it was a step! thanks everyone!
  • cwielk
    cwielk Posts: 36
    Options
    also wanted to add :
    all you 30 day shredders can add me as a friend if you like and we can do this together! i love seeing everyone's workouts in my news feed to motivate me! thanks!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Ok so today is day 2 and I seriously CAN NOT WALK. I am in sooooooo much pain. Does anyone know what I can do to make the pain go away. Should I stop doing it? I have never done a workout like this and I think it is scaring me any one with advice please let me know Sorry to put so many post on here but I am in pain and dont know what to do. Mayb you guys who have done this can tell me to keep going or what I dont know

We've all been there. Stick it out, it goes away, promise. Totally worth it once the initial soreness goes away. Good luck.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I remember being very sore for the first 3-4 days but it does get better.

My sister started it recently and she felt like she couldn't move. She had such a hard time walking up and down stairs and sitting down/standing up again.

I have to agree with everyone who has recommended stretching.
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It does get better I promise! The first 2 or 3 days I could barely get out of bed or off the sofa I was aching all over. Just keep your fluids up, make your stretches bigger than Jillians, I did this and it helps loads.
    Im now on day 7 and Level 2.
    Keep at it hun! Good luck :)
    Add me if you want xx
  • fruitful9
    fruitful9 Posts: 32
    Options
    I found out (Thanks MFP message boards!!) that the soreness I was feeling in my knees was because I wasn't stretching my quads enough. I find that the stretches Jillian does after her workouts and Shaun T does after his Insanity workouts don't have enough stretching in general and, specifically for me, the quads and hip flexors.

Solution?

Once you notice an area is giving you grief, search for stretches and moves that will relieve the pain. I tend to head to Youtube first and search for "stretches for _____" and start there.

Of course, 30 DS is not meant to be done for 30 consecutive days, so be sure to take a rest day and give your body a chance to recover.
    This is good to know. I quit 30DS by day 5 because the pain I had was MY KNEES!!! I expected (and welcomed) the muscle soreness, but the knee pain was scary.

Now, everyone is talking about stretching---but, those are warmed up muscles...not cold ones, right? Jillian says that static stretches of cold muscles is bad.
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Your Body Is Just Not Used To It..

The More You Do It, The Less Pain U Will Feel...

Don't Give Up Because Something Is Hard...

Carry On With The Workout...& Within A Few Weeks You Will Defo See A Change In Your Body. x
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You have what's called "Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness" It's perfectly normal, especially if you're just starting off! Drink lots of water, eat some more protein and STRETCH! Best part is, your muscles adapt pretty quickly, after 2-4 days you should notice that even though you continue to work out, the pain is subsiding. Unless you stop working out or change your workout drastically, you should never have it as bad as you do now!

Jus keep doing what you're doing!! :O)
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ba da bump
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! I was miserable the next day but I decided to push through and I'm so glad that I did. Around day 3 it will be a lot better. Stick with it girl and you will get amazing results!
  • triplemintx
    Options
    Keeeeeep going! I took day 4 off and that was it..Don't give up!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Don't over do it, but don't give up either. No pain, no gain. Right?

:flowerforyou:
  • 3mmalou16
    3mmalou16 Posts: 27
    Options
    keep going, im on level 1 day 9 and first few days i really thought " can i really put up with this pain for 30 days??" but ive carried on and after day 4 im not as sore, so it does get easier!! keep going!