Does Propel count as Water?

Options
Weird question, but I'm wondering if Propel can count as water in the daily journal. ??

Replies

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    There are people who count soda as water, so I'm sure Propel counts as well! ;)
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If it is a liquid, I count it.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Water is water. Anything with calories you log up with your food!
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd count it. It's pretty much flavored water.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i would count it as calories up with the food and also as water intake...
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I count it as water if it's caffeine free.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Propel is definitely water. You can count coffee, tea, water, etc. as FLUID intake. Focus more on fluids. Pure water is the best for you (which doesn't propel only have just some flavor to it and minerals?) but others are beneficial too.

As for soda, I do NOT consider that as a fluid. That is a chemical.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I count it as water... It is made to hydrate you after your exercise sessions. It contains electrolytes and minerals you lose when you sweat, so to me it is all good. I wouldn't drink it solely as a water replacement though.

Of course I count caffeinated beverages like iced tea as water too, Some would argue, but I think it is a personal preference.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't count my Diet Dr Pepper even though it has zero calories...however I would count Propel. I think it is technically called Propel Water, and yea it is flavored water in my opinion. :) I count coffee, tea, water, flavored water all under water.
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lol, no. Only water is water. Your BODY would not see "water" with added stuff to it as water. Just going a google search for the ingredients....does this look like water?

Water, Sucrose Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural Kiwi And Strawberry Flavors With Other Natural Flavors. Sodium Citrate, Passion Citrate, Sucralose, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Calcium Disodium EDTA (Protects Freshness), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6, Acesulfame Potassium, Vitamin B12.

EDTA IS A PRESERVATIVE!
    from: http://www.livestrong.com/article/287624-propel-fitness-water-facts/

It also contains sodium hexametophosphate and calcium disodium EDTA to protect the water's flavoring. Potassium sorbate preserves the freshness of the water and helps extend its shelf life. Other ingredients include sodium citrate, acesulfame potassium and sucralose. Sucralose, also known as Splenda, is used to sweeten Propel fitness water and is reported to be 600 times sweeter than table sugar.

NOT WATER!
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Weird question, but I'm wondering if Propel can count as water in the daily journal. ??

I sometimes drink propel but I drink the Propel Zero would that water are a beverage??
  • Panda_Path
    Options
    Wow, it is amazing how many people think this chemical soup is H2O!
  • Panda_Path
    Options
    Propel is definitely water.

I didn't know water had preservatives in it!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Now I want Propel! Sounds yummmyy! Haven't had it since like high school. lol But yes I would count it.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Let's agree that is is 99% water, 1% "stuff".

Log 99% of a cup of water per 8oz of Propel, and log 1% as "quick add calories - chemicals" in your food log. Problem solved.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Your BODY would not see "water" with added stuff to it as water.

Do you have some facts to back this up? I'm pretty sure that if I put sugar in my water, my body is going to ingest water regardless.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    lol, no. Only water is water. Your BODY would not see "water" with added stuff to it as water. Just going a google search for the ingredients....does this look like water?

Water, Sucrose Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural Kiwi And Strawberry Flavors With Other Natural Flavors. Sodium Citrate, Passion Citrate, Sucralose, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E Acetate, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Calcium Disodium EDTA (Protects Freshness), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6, Acesulfame Potassium, Vitamin B12.

EDTA IS A PRESERVATIVE!
    from: http://www.livestrong.com/article/287624-propel-fitness-water-facts/

It also contains sodium hexametophosphate and calcium disodium EDTA to protect the water's flavoring. Potassium sorbate preserves the freshness of the water and helps extend its shelf life. Other ingredients include sodium citrate, acesulfame potassium and sucralose. Sucralose, also known as Splenda, is used to sweeten Propel fitness water and is reported to be 600 times sweeter than table sugar.

NOT WATER!

My brownish, semi-foul smelling local tap water probably has worse in it! But I'd count it as water too. LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'd count it as water. I very, very rarely drink plain water.
  • Panda_Path
    Options

Let's agree that is is 99% water, 1% "stuff".

Log 99% of a cup of water per 8oz of Propel, and log 1% as "quick add calories - chemicals" in your food log. Problem solved.

Except that that "Stuff" is artificial coloring, sweetening, and preservatives. To some people EDTA is a very concerning chemical and I personally try to avoid it, not to mention all the other manufactured crap in that ingredient list. So, is it water? Hell no! If it's not H2O it isn't water! Water's not supposed to have an ingredient list.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    i would count it as calories up with the food and also as water intake...

^^^^^^^
    I agree with this!!