Feeling ill?

Options
I've noticed during the past couple of days that about halfway through my workout, I begin feeling unwell. My head starts to spin, and I'm feeling sick. This generally happens to me if my body is slightly too warm(I've been constantly waking up at about 6AM the past couple of days to find myself covered in sweat, and when I try to stand, I'll need to sit back down).

I've been drinking 8 glasses of water per day, so I can't be dehydrated. And I've lost 3 pounds in my first week, so why quit now?

I really don't know what's making me feel so bad, any ideas?

Replies

• MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You sound like you may be either sick/ fighting something or that your hormones are out of whack. I would check with your dr.
  • ShellyRGarcia
    ShellyRGarcia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel dizzy and terrible if I haven't gotten enough sleep and enough calories....make sure you are eating enough especially if you are on a exercise regime. Eat a banana before you work out or look into GNC Accelerade, that gives me a good energy boost. Otherwise I would agree about seeing your doctor....if you have a virus your body needs to rest for a bit!
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?
  • ShellyRGarcia
    ShellyRGarcia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow, that is a good question, didn't even think of that!:blushing:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Just because you are drinking enough water doesn't mean you are not dehydrated. There are other salts and stuff in your body will loose from working out. Which is what things like Gatorade are for. Depending on how much you are working out, this may not be the case.

Two other reasons that will commonly be the cause of this is low blood pressure and low blood sugar. Without testing it is difficult to figure out which one it is. It would important to see your doctor about this. I have problems with low blood sugar and find that I have to eat something high in carbs in the middle of the day or I am dead by next day. If I don't eat well the night before, I wake up with the woozy feeling you are describing. Night before, it was recomended to me to eat something high in protein, like lunch meat.

I hope you figure it out soon. I find with the morning thing, if I have some chocolate milk first thing when I get up and within a half hour have some toast, I feel better. Hope this helps.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    There could be few things going on. How is your blood presure? When we sleep our blood presure goes down alot. This could explain why you are dizzy upon getting out of bed. Also it could be your hormones, that could explain why you are waking up all covered in sweat. Try running a portable fan on yourself while you are sleeping that way it will help keep you a little cooler. Also it could be that by eatting right and doing some excercise that you have actually reved up your metablizm and is burning more cals. while you are asleep.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do recommend seeing your doctor. The sweats and dizziness may be related to blood sugar/metabolism issues, which are being increased by changing your eating habits. If so, it is most definately not something you put off.
  • FlowerTaming
    FlowerTaming Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll try to make an appointment with the doctor soon.

Oh and I'm a virgin, so I'm definately not pregnant.
  • aariel22
    aariel22 Posts: 37
    Options
    you might have your iron levels checked. I used to feel dizzy and yucky when I exerted myself (and I would bruise easily) until I switched to cast iron pans.