dead feet on elliptical?

Options
Does anyone else get numb feet whilst on the elliptical?
when i get to around 13mins my feet start going numb, does anyone else have this problem? or it is just me being strange :tongue:

Katie
x

Replies

• SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get numb feet whilst on the elliptical?
    when i get to around 13mins my feet start going numb, does anyone else have this problem? or it is just me being strange :tongue:

Katie
    x

It happens to me on the elliptical and the stationery bike.

Since you brought up this subject, I did a google search and here's an excellent article on the subject: http://ezinearticles.com/?Elliptical-Trainer-Sleepy-Foot-Syndrome&id=78854

Happy exercising!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Me too, even with running. Would love to figure out what it is.

98_371_treadmill-smiley.gif
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's common on the eliptical. Try shifting your weight as you walk, every minute or so switch from the balls of your feet to your heals. Also try wiggling your toes every minute or so for about 5 seconds.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Me too, even with running. Would love to figure out what it is.

98_371_treadmill-smiley.gif

Do a google search; I found quite a bit about feet going numb while on elliptical, stationery bike, running, etc. Lotsa info, so you may find a suggestion that suits ya!

All the best on your journey!

:flowerforyou:
  • jldupriest
    Options
    I do too,,, don't know why.
    But no, its not you being wierd.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Me too. I change my foot position around often, go on my toes for a couple mins, bend my knees and rock back on my heels, etc. It helps, but my feet (toes particularly) go numb.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    it's common on the eliptical. Try shifting your weight as you walk, every minute or so switch from the balls of your feet to your heals. Also try wiggling your toes every minute or so for about 5 seconds.

That's what I was going to suggest also. My toes would go numb as well if I were on for more than 15 min. I wiggle my toes, pull them up, and kind of lift my feet to keep the blood flowing. It's really common!
  • bikker59
    bikker59 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It happens to me after about 15 - 20 minutes on the elliptical. I just wiggle my toes, or move my feet extra..and it goes away. I am glad I am not the only one who this happens to..