how do you resist?

Options
What do you do to make sure you don't give in, or don't talk yourself into having something unhealthy.

"ooooh. its been a tough day, go on, have the chocolate"

stuff like that.
i really struggle with it

Replies

• hearts212
    Options
    Hi. I have been eating fat free chocolate pudding. All the yum of chocolate without the fat. So far it is helping. :)
  • DOElston
    DOElston Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't resist. I'm learning to eat like thin people do. I have a normal serving of it and log it in my food diary.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything. lol If I want it, i'll have it.
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't have it in the house and once I'm home after a long day I refuse to go out and buy it...
  • loria508
    loria508 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm the same way. I''m learning to save calories if I really want something. We have cheesecake in the house from Easter, I wanted it so bad, so I just had a slice for my supper. Now I have a big glass of water with me, and I will stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night. If you really want it , try to make it work.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't resist. I'm learning to eat like thin people do. I have a normal serving of it and log it in my food diary.
    ditto
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    ^^^This. There is nothing to resist. Make choices. If it fits within your calories, have it.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't resist. I'd have a fair amount for myself. If i resisted, it would definitely have backfired as much needed cravings. I'd prolly binge, too.
  • lizziegrace10
    Options
    You have to remember that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet! You can't completely cut out junk for the rest of your life. Just have a normal sized portion every now and then, log it, and have a treat!
  • mommyoftwobg
    Options
    And if it don"t fit...Exercise and make it fit!!! deprivation causes dissappointment, disappointment leads to failure!
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Have a little bit. Or go exercise - those feel-good hormones will wipe out the memory of the bad day.
  • abstrakt_star
    abstrakt_star Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! These posts were very helpful. I was thinking in the mindset of I cannot have bad foods at all. I know me and I know if I tell myself I cannot have these foods at all, my diet WILL backfire. I will just be sure to make them work with my calorie count if I feel it's necessary to have something I really shouldn't be eating.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet! You can't completely cut out junk for the rest of your life. Just have a normal sized portion every now and then, log it, and have a treat!

This is so true! If I say "you cannot have candy" I want it more. I swear candy is all I think about! If I know I can have a normal portion of candy and I can log it, then maybe I will not feel guilty. That will make a huge difference in how I view food and in turn maybe I won't want to have it if I know I can.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Have a smaller portion and fit it into your calorie goals. No need to restrict yourself from eating things you really want. I found the more I said "no" to chocolate, the more likely I was to binge on it when I finally gave in.
  • Stacey_Lorraine
    Options
    I make myself eat a rawer carrot first, if I really want the bad food then I will first eat the good and if I'm not willing to do it then I can't have it normally by the time I've finished the carrot I don't want the bad food.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I just ate a whole pint of ice-cream...so I'm in no position to be giving advice on how to 'control' yourself! :laugh:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    having a small treat everyday helps me stay on track and resist stuff :) occasionally, like today, i do say yes and treat myself! however, sometimes i have to say no, and i make sure i say no by saying one will turn in to too many, i'll feel bad, and regret it. some days, it works, others, it doesn't! the MIND.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just ate a whole pint of ice-cream...so I'm in no position to be giving advice on how to 'control' yourself! :laugh:

lol i did this before. I don't regret it! Loved it and i'd do it again! :D
  • hsubharas
    hsubharas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation right. I try to follow the advice of not having it in the house. If it's in the house, I will eat it. If I do need chocolate, I walk down to the store and buy one of the individually wrapped extra dark chocolates and that is it. Just remember all the hard work you have done to get where you are. You can do it!!!! Good luck.
  • 130to116
    130to116 Posts: 10
    Options
    I make myself think "is the minute of satisfaction this will give me worth the long term satisfaction of having the body I want"
    Remember youre a human not a dog, don't reward yourself with food! That is something that unfortunelty was programmed into us as a child from parents and teachers rewarding us with treats so its hard to beat. That being said don't deprive yourself! Treat yourself occasionally or youre setting yourself up to crash and binge!