Which appliance to buy for smoothies.

Options
I recently had a topic about adding more nutrients and a lot of people said make smoothies with veggies hidden. So I want to try this, but I don't know what appliance to buy for the best smoothie making skills. I've seen the ninja, is that good? I would be making smoothies probably salsa and soups, maybe some alcohol drinks. So what should I buy?!

( costing me less than $100 please)

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja and like it just fine. My only complaint is that it's hard to clean, lots of weird nooks and crannies. Got it at Costco for less than $50 (it's not the blender version)
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just use a regular $20 blender. Oster.

If I ever have a lot of extra money burning a hole in my pocket, I'll buy a vitamix. Those can blend anything! But my Oster does a great job for smoothies and I can even make almond milk with it.
  • jgilbey
    jgilbey Posts: 79
    Options
    I think I'm going to just buy the ninja today.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja and like it just fine. My only complaint is that it's hard to clean, lots of weird nooks and crannies. Got it at Costco for less than $50 (it's not the blender version)

Do you mean the Ninja that is the hand held immersion blender? I got this not too long ago, more so for blending sauces and stuff but reviews say it's great for smoothies I just haven't tried it for that yet.
  • erikapereira
    Options
    I just use a regular $20 blender. Oster.

If I ever have a lot of extra money burning a hole in my pocket, I'll buy a vitamix. Those can blend anything! But my Oster does a great job for smoothies and I can even make almond milk with it.

I agree with her. I got mine at Walmart and it was like 20
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have a really nice, expensive Oster blender and a cheap Cuisinart blender

The cheap Cuisinart works better than the other one. No need to spend a lot of money - pick up a $20 blender at Target or Walmart.