less carbs but more calories

Options
I need to eat more calories but I need to have less calories and less carbs. What are some good food choices?

Replies

• Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • wildboar1
    wildboar1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Steak, chicken, bacon, whole eggs,
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are practically pure protein. Mix in some veggies (the veggies will add a few carbs, but not a whole lot) and you can make yourself a nice veggie scramble.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    red meat is your friend
  • cbrewer904
    Options
    BUMP
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of fat. Starting cooking in it. It'll up your calories.
    Mix in some veggies

*twitch*
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need to eat more calories but I need to have less calories and less carbs. What are some good food choices?

That question in itself is a paradox lol. Im going to take a guess and assume you mean eat less carb calories but need more calories in general. As some of the people above said.... PROTEIN BABY!!@!@!!!!

Protein is gold. I eat about 1.5-3g of protein per kg (64kg = 200g approx) daily. Any lean meats (lean beef, pork, TURKEY, chicken), fish, eggs, dairy, etc.. But If you really want to up the calories whilst not really raising your carb intake then eat NUTS. I suggest this if and only if your fat intake isnt met yet either. EG: Almonds, 22 kernels (22 pieces of nuts) = approx 180 calories, 15g fat, 6g protein/carbs. Relatively low in carb/protein but high in calories. Perfect if you have trouble meeting your fat intake.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great- thanks for the tips everyone!
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

wow- reread before ya post folks! I meant I need more calories and less carbs- goodness!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Green / red veggies
    Meat
    Eggs
    Protein bars
    Nuts
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Green / red veggies
    Meat
    Eggs
    Protein bars
    Nuts

^ except you forgot fish :D

Although you need to be very careful with the protein bars you eat. Most of the time they are NOT FILLING so you end up eating something else soon after (which might put you over the limit) and generally contains very high sugar.