Anyone do the Just Dance WII games for cardio???

Options
Does anyone do the "Just Dance" WII games for cardio also??

If you do, how do you figure out how many calories you're burning???

Replies

• stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I do it for the Kinect. I have a wii too but I love that I don't have to hold a remote in my hand with the kinect. I put mine in as dancing, general and it seems pretty close to what I'd burn. I'm sure sweating after the kids and I have our competitions :laugh:
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I do and I use my HRM! If you really get into it you can burn a lot of calories :)
  • renejtrainer
    renejtrainer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It is best to invest in a heart rate monitor watch in order to figure out how many calories you're burning with a game like that.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I do them occasionally for some extra cardio. I have a heart rate monitor though, so I can track what I burn. For instance, I just did Just Dance 2 last night for the first time with my HRM and burned about 200 calories for 23 minutes.

If you're interested in a HRM, http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT4 $61.88 (free shipping) and you can get 5% off with the coupon code: POPO
  • smahy0504
    smahy0504 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    modern dance for me! i dont follow the sweat points, apparently approx 5 sp = 1 calorie and i can tell ya that im not burning as much as i would running full speed lol! happy sweating!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    yes, I use my monitor too
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love the just dance 2 and 3. I use the Wii so I need the remote. I love how I feel afterwards. I pick 3 star sweat songs and have a blast for about a half of an hour. My fitbits usually tracks about 300 calories spent.
  • Kimeanb74
    Kimeanb74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ditto :tongue: :drinker:
  • Kimeanb74
    Kimeanb74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ditto :tongue: :drinker:

Opppss...the ditto was meant for the entry that uses dancing to figure calories. Some day I'll figure out the whole quote verses reply thing. :blushing:
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Appreciate all the feedback......sounds like I'm gonna have to get a heart rate monitor....never used one of those before but will check out those links......thanks everyone!!!!
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    modern dance for me! i dont follow the sweat points, apparently approx 5 sp = 1 calorie and i can tell ya that im not burning as much as i would running full speed lol! happy sweating!

I just got a HRM and not tried Just Dance with it yet but I used to work on 10 sweat points for 1 cal. That tied in more closely with cals per song with My Fitness Pal (Dance version) which did tell me. I'll find out soon if either were vaguely accurate!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love the wii dance i really haven't used it as the exercise of the day, but when I do it I wear the HRM. Good Luck!!I just got the wii zumba but I haven't tried it yet.
  • katybjorum
    Options
    I do sometimes but not since I started using this. I think if I remember right, on the "Just Sweat" setting, it calculates the calories burned for you. That game makes me sweat even more than most my workout DVD's. And its fun! Great option for exercise.
  • amkelley
    amkelley Posts: 81
    Options
    I do the Just Dance for the PS3. I just type in dance, general I believe when I log it and put how long I danced. I love it. When I started dancing everyday I finally got out of my plateau too...and its fun!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do, and wear my HRM to track calories...it's fun!
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes, We LOVE this in my household too -- everyone's always trying to beat each other's scores....might as well include this as cardio since I also work up a sweat playing this with the kids hehehe..... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: