Turning 40 have you motivated?

Options
I'll be turning 40 this year and it has motivated me to lose weight and get in shape. I never paid attention to age until now! :sad:

Hoping to stay motivated and be successful in this journey. I no longer want to diet...I need a lifestyle change all together!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lilliamora
    lilliamora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 this year too. I do feel it has played a part in motivating me to change my lifestyle.
    I would like to spend the second half of my life fit and healthy.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 didn't do it, but it seems 44 has! :bigsmile:
  • eleanoreunson
    Options
    weird, I'm exactly the same, turning 40 and aware of my age for the first time ever. I'm really trying to be a healthy, fitter person rather than anything but it still nice to lose weight while doing it
  • mygrlz02
    mygrlz02 Posts: 32
    Options
    I have 2 months before I hit the big 4-0 and find that trying to get healthy is really tough. So hard to kick old habits but I'm determined. Let's keep it up so we can not only look better but be healthier and happier!!
  • ValerieJDM
    Options
    I'm turing 40 June 3rd. I have another 10lbs to go to be at my goal weight. I can do this!!! It would be great to keep in touch.

BTW, I hear 40 is the new 20!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    For me it was turning 43 and being 240 lbs...saw a picture of myself and couldn't believe that was me...looked nothing like I saw myself or the athlete that once was...I have lost 42 lbs so far and I won't look back now.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes it absolutely motivates me. I want to look 30, not 40! lol
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I hit 4-0 this past September. I had a goal of weighing 140 by my 40th b-day. It didn't quite work out, but I am now well beyond that goal. I also started running about 2 months before the dreaded birthday. I am now less than 3 weeks away from my first half marathon.

Yup 40 motivated me to stop telling myself I couldn't do something. . .at least one thing. I'll work on the positive self talk in the other areas of my life at some point!! LOL

I'm in the best shape of my life! Lifting and running. Love it!!! Wish I didn't wait until I was 40!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, turning 40 Nov 2013....and I'm going to Vegas for my 40th....so that's my motivation, and my kids of course.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options

No offense, but I hope not. When I was 20, I was a broke student driving a beater car and eating ham and cheese sandwiches every day to save money. Now that I'm 45 I no longer have to write exams, stay up late doing assignments or ride the city bus to school.

Then again, I was 40 pounds lighter at 20....maybe 20 is the new 40!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I am exactly the same!! I want to look great when I turn 40 in two months, plus I've realized, I do need to take better care of myself!! I've been doing really well with eating right and working out. Starting to see a difference already, keep in touch, we can motivate each other for this big day!! I know I am super excited about this birthday.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 then started the big change. Love every minute of it.
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    YES!!!! I turn 40 in September and would like to look better then when I turned 30! I have had a bad couple days but must keepp this goal in mind and get back on track! Thank you for posting that reminder. WE CAN DO THIS!!!! Let`s stay in touch :)
  • broekjo
    broekjo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in January and while it wasn't the calalyst for my weight loss, it sure did feel good when my girlfriends from grade school and I went on vacation together to the Dominican Republic to celebrate our 40th birthdays and I was completely comfortable in a bathingsuit...A year ago I never would have even considered going. It was a BLAST!
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in December and it totally motivated me. All I could think was, it certainly doesn't get easier from here so I better take care of it now...
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    Girl, I am right there with you!!! I turn 4 in June and have 10 lbs to go before then. I have lost between 45-50 so far. At 40 I want to look and feel better than I ever have. I finally want to enjoy LIFE. Good luck to you!!!! Enjoy 40.
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My goodness, you're my twin! I turn 40 in Nov and I never cared about age before either... I'm also in it for the new lifestyle and so far, not a lot of weight lost, but DEFINITELY a lot of improvement in my appearance and strength... good luck!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I know you make 40 look good!!!!
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options

No offense, but I hope not. When I was 20, I was a broke student driving a beater car and eating ham and cheese sandwiches every day to save money. Now that I'm 45 I no longer have to write exams, stay up late doing assignments or ride the city bus to school.

Then again, I was 40 pounds lighter at 20....maybe 20 is the new 40!

LOL
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 40 this year and it has motivated me to lose weight and get in shape. I never paid attention to age until now! :sad:

Hoping to stay motivated and be successful in this journey. I no longer want to diet...I need a lifestyle change all together!! :flowerforyou:
    That's EXACTLY how I feel!!! (except I turned 40 last year and I am a major procrastonator! LOL) It's me time for sure!!