my journey

Options
Hello everyone - if this interests you...I can remember the exact moment (I even remember your name Ronnie!) :sad: when I was first teased about my weight in grade school. This led to 20 years of always wanting to lose weight and change my appearance to what society thought was acceptable. I finally stopped fighting it and actually lost 10 pounds - in the process of recording my journey I decided to publish a book about it in order to help others. I think this will really help people struggling with these same issues. If anyone has any questions or would like more of my story, please feel free to inquire:smile:

Replies

• littlebites
    Options
    Hello everyone - if this interests you...I can remember the exact moment (I even remember your name Ronnie!) :sad: when I was first teased about my weight in grade school. This led to 20 years of always wanting to lose weight and change my appearance to what society thought was acceptable. I finally stopped fighting it and actually lost 10 pounds - in the process of recording my journey I decided to publish a book about it in order to help others. I think this will really help people struggling with these same issues. If anyone has any questions or would like more of my story, please feel free to inquire:smile:
  • jmans23
    jmans23 Posts: 1
    Options
    It's amazing how you remember getting teased so young, and when it all started. Little kids can be so mean! It's great that you overcame your battle and lost weight while not obsessing over your body!

I used to get teased alot about weight -- esp. when I started getting boobs!

I think my self-esteem issues started when I was young also. I always felt I wasn't good enough - I just wanted to be perfect in every way! I think it was to get some attention from my parents.... I used to exercise to Richard Simmons album in my parents' livingroom when I was in grade school - Imagine That?!?!?!?!

I will try so hard for my kids to be happy in their own skin, not talk about dieting - talk about eating healthier, etc........

By the way - Your book is ruly enlightening! I think anyone who has body image issues should read it! It's highly entertaining and inspirational! "A Thousand Little Bites" (perfect book name -- everyone has had little bites taken out of them - from friends, siblings, parents, even strangers!....)