HOW DO YOU EAT SOYBEANS?

Options
harley0269
harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
I just bought a frozen bag of soybeans & thought I would give them a try.
I made them how I make all my veggies, I put them in the steamer & added a bit of parmesan cheese to them.
& I gotta say I was NOT impressed!

They are frozen edamames, no pod.

How do you make them? Do you have a favorite recipe you could please share with me?
Thank You!!!

Replies

• Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just eat them plain. I eat them out of the field all the time.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Do you mean edamame? In the pod?
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    In the pod I steam them or boil them in salted water, salt is the key.
    Out of the pod I prefer them as a medley. You could also cook them and make them into a bean dip, an edamame hummus of sorts.
  • harley0269
    Options
    Yes, they are frozen edamames, but no pod.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    With my mouth....:-) Sorry, couldn't resist.......
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Edamame? Peel 'em, pop 'em. eat 'em. Taste great fresh! Sometimes I sprinkle a little apple cider vinegar on em & eat them chilled. Sometimes with chili pepper. Add them to salads like you would green peas.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I usually get the ones in the pod, steam them, and have them plain as a snack. Without the pod you could probably add them to a stir fry, mix into steamed veggies, or add to a soup.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    With two hands! I love the things. I wish I had better advice, but all I can say is if you don't love Lima Beans (and I do, oh I love them so) you might not like them as a side dish.
    You could probably toss them into some mixed veggies, or I've seen people eat them on salads!
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this - but I did see this recipe yesterday that could interest you!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/asian-edamame-fried-rice.html
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    I make edamame fried rice at home -- start by sauteing the onions. when they've softened, just toss in a handful (or two, or three!) of the edamame. Stir around. Add the rice, then the egg, and season to taste with some soy sauce. Easy peasy!
  • harley0269
    Options
    thanks! i will have to try these :smile:
  • lostlilshoebox
    Options
    I eat them plain as a snack with my kids.. but they are amazing in salads too.