University stress and trying to keep on track

Options
So with trying to find the balance between work, uni work (deadlines and upcoming exams) and going to the gym; it is becoming increasingly difficult to fit things in! Is any one else going through this, and have you been able to strike the right balance? I kind of know that there will never be the 'perfect balance' and that I just have to power through but it is getting so hard! All I want to do is curl up and eat lots of junk food, but i have been good so far, but the temptation is growing!:yawn:

Replies

• Adrienne_bone
    Options
    This week is my finals week so it's been quite difficult. I just want to eat everything sweet to combat the stress in my life. When I'm at work I just want to snack to keep up my energy from late night homework and what not. It's been SO hard to not just binge on chips (my weakness) Working out has gone on the back burner but when I do get a chance to it's a nice stress reliever. My body has been waking up earlier so I've worked out for 20 minutes in the morning or late at night when I need a little more energy to stay happy and not want to. I really don't know where the balance is you just have to do what you feel is right at the time. Good luck on your finals!
  • erh12275
    erh12275 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just don't let the stress of it get to you. I can't tell you how to make it better...but I can tell you not to let it stress you out. I have a teacher that doesn't know what she is doing. Seriously, she has had me so stressed out. I was holding on to that stress. I have decided I can't fix her...and need to work on me. Your mind is important. But, so is your health. Good luck!
  • Veganlover
    Options
    I feel you girl! I am going through finals week starting this Friday, and man oh man it is catching up to me. I'm also in the process of planning a move at the end of June with my boyfriend, and trying to get that all under control. Man. I can't wait til this semester is over. I haven't been logging to a T like usual, but I'm giving myself some breathing room this week ^_^
  • Aereon
    Aereon Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finals make everything awful. On the nights where you have more studying than you can handle, don't feel overly pressured to go to the gym. I always prioritize school over working out, especially when a lot of deadlines coincide. I don't use it as an excuse when I'm feeling lazy, only out of necessity, so it doesn't really throw off my rhythm. Don't slack on the diet though, that's something you can maintain during exams, even if the stress makes you want to pig out.
  • hollybirdsall
    Options
    Yeah, I forgot to even mention I'm moving in with my fiance! So moving house AND a wedding to plan on top of work, uni and loosing weight! I guess it is just letting it happen, try not to resist it so much, and if you do have bad days, make sure you have good days too! I just wish I was craving fruit and veg instead!! Good luck to all of you with your work and finals! :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    as for the finals, An idea I sometimes use, is put your notes on a recorder. and go for your workout while listening to them Or bring your book... as long as you can do your exercise without your hands, you can read up on your material. Just do it at a slow enough pace that your not shaking the book.

Another idea is, just focus on your university work and work work.... your work out time, can wait a few days as you get caught up.